GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my Wing. :D

I admit that I am in garage tinkering with the bike ALOT! Wiping her down from the dust, polishing her, thinking of a warm day in January to take her out on the town. Dreaming of lights to put her to make her look real pretty. Wife has to remind me that it is late and I should go to bed. I think ahhhhh, darn!

Well, maybe I am having an affair with my bike. :wink:

Anyone else have this same problem?

Micheal

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Sounds normal to me.

I figure there's nothing to worry until you'd rather sleep in the garage with your Goldwing.

Of course it sounds like you may be doing that soon if you don't change your ways.

Just remember, when you wife tells you to ahead and stay out there all night, you're not supposed to smirk and smile and think, "oh yeah, just what I've been hoping for."

Don't ask me hnow I know these things. Just pay attention to the voice of experience. :wink:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I polished on the wife I would NEVER get into the garage!

As for sleeping in the garage, on some days I really do think about it. At least I would have a blanket to myself instead of sharing with the cover hog. :(

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
You guys are sick! Can't you be an adult like me and as you do the round of turning off the ligths for the night take one more look in the garage and say goodnight to the bikes? Sheesh...and, like me, the mature sane adult, make the coffee FIRST before you go back to check on the bikes and make sure they made it through the night...grow up! act mature...I'll be right back, gotta go look in the garage...
oh, and darnit, I can't ride until Sunday 'cause people are coming over ALL DAY tomorrow...are you guys like me...and would rather ride? oops, did I type that out loud?? hope no one sees this...

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
Maybe you should stop calling it, a "her". :wink:
Lets see now hhhhhmmmm, after think'in about it "her" sounds pretty appropriate to me: A Wing is a lot like a good woman. You like her to always look her best. As with any good relationship you wanna spend most if not all your time with her. You spend lots of your money to get extravagant gifts for her. You alone have the key to turn her on. She's always in the mood for a ride and will move at any speed you desire. :oops: Really must I go on, I think not. Yep, I've decided mines definitely a her!!! :p :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Mine is a "him" but my VTX is a "her."

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Rio was definately a "him." No question about it. When he had pinstriping applied, there was going to be none of those girly french curls, only manly southwestern theme colors and moves. I don't know how I know these things - some inanimate objects are men, others are women - just the way it is!

By the way - Skeeter is a him, too.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
503 Posts
My wife asked me if I wanted to put something exciting between my legs. So I get on my Wing. I really don't see what your problem is.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Michael,

You described myself to a tee!

I'm waiting for you to see my bike and lets talk about those lights!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I told my Wife that the affair I am having with my Goldwing is normal, just as normal as the affair she should be having with the dish washer, clothes washer, oven, and vaccum cleaner ...
I may see her again in a few days........ when the swelling goes down ..
8)

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
"Wax on . . . wax off . . ."

:wink:

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I found a simple cure for this problem....

I got a GL1800 for my wife....

Hey! I thought it was a pretty good trade.

I don't know about the guy I traded with, he's not talkin' to me.
:lol: :lol: DC :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And who said that I was normal?

I have officially named my bike "Goldie".

When friends come over to see her, we are usually on our knees looking at her. Wife's opinion is that we are praying to the godess "goldie".

We have a 3 car garage, Goldie has her own stall. Wife can not get her car in because I have piled too many boxes on her side. I do this for one reason. If anyone has seem my wife drive they would understand.

Goldie has her own carpet she is parked on with her own special cover in case she gets cold at night.

When the ankle biters gets mud prints on the seat, it gives me an excuse to stay in the garage to clean her off again. That makes me a happy man!

This might be abnormal, but it makes perfect seems to me. :lol:

bumper1, I did call you twice this week. I received no return call.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Michael,

Please call my CELL phone. I am home today. If you happened to call me in the factory I work, it's possible it may not have come thru.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is something very scary bout some of these posts. You classify your wings as males, and are eager to wrap your legs around it. :shock: I'm not feeling really comfy round some of you folks all of a sudden. :shock: Oh well at least you can openly admit it amongst friends.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bumper1

I will try to call today but no promises.

Wife took the ankle biters to her mothers. Now I have time to sit and admire "goldie" all day. how many chances do I get to do that without getting "that" look from the wife?

Micheal

1 - 20 of 32 Posts