GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the Cleveland Bike show and the wife now wants a high powered scooter.
She is interested in the Honda SilverWing or the Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive. They both have ABS.
Anyone on this site have first hand info on these two scoots?
Right now I am leaning towards the Suzuki due to the extra power.
I guess she want to drive her own bike now instead of sitting behind me. :cry:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Send Mesquite Bob a PM. He is one of the nicest guys on this board and sure to share his experience about his Scooter "Skeeter".

Dawg

·
Registered
16 Posts
SilverWing "Mega" Scooters

I have two of them. 2004 Silver and 2005 Black. I love them. Will run like the wind. Unwillingly been up to 95 and smooth as a rock with power that will blow you away. I looked at both Burgman but that one was not for me as I wanted a cleaner machine. I have 3000 miles on the 2004 and 1500 on the 05. My highest recommendation. Longest trip was 450 miles and I wasn't even tired. Actually great touring machine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a friend here in Dubuque, Iowa who has a 2006 Burgman Executive for sale with 1,848 miles in showroom condition. Never been dropped and no scratches. McCruise cruise control, Clearview windscreen, turn signal beepers, 12 volt outlet. This is the executive model with electric windscreen, passenger backrest, ABS brakes, electric mirrors and chrome muffler cover. Also included are a new rear tire, used front tire and 2 new stock windscreens and factory Suzuki shop manual. Please PM me for my contact information. Asking $8,500.
My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
194 Posts
I owned a '06 Burg 650 Exec and only put about 2000 miles on it. My wife currently has a '07 Burg 400. I sold my Exec so I could buy my '06 Goldwing dream machine.

I can tell you that your wife would absolutely LOVE the Exec!! It's fast, smooth, powerful, sporty, comfortable and a sleek head turner. I think the build quality of the Burg far exceeds any other scooter currently on the market and I looked at most before buying.

I had a blast riding the Exec and I could easily keep pace with my best friend's GW when we went out riding the twisties or on the highway. The ABS is a big plus and the scoot is a rock solid performer in all respects. I still miss my burg but I just couldn't justify owning two bikes right now.

BTW, the wife loves her 400 Burg.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Scooter

I ride a 650 Burgman and love it. I sold my cruiser last summer and wasn't going to replace it for awhile, but, you know how that goes.

I thought the Burgman was easier to pick up off the kick stand, and seemed to balance better for me than the Silverwing. I am only 5 foot tall, so only the tips of my toes touch the ground, but I am a pretty experienced rider, so that isn't an issue for me.

The bike has plenty of "get up and go." I especially like the transmission options. The "power" mode really does what it says. I have occasionally used the manual mode at a stop light to beat a car or other bike off the line. I must say, it is pretty cool to beat to a big bike off the line and watch them do a double take. The automatic is great. My hand would get tired of the clutch on a long ride with the cruiser.

My husband has been pleasantly surprised. At first, as a Wing rider, he wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter. Now he thinks it is a blast!! He had it up to 100 mph a while back. Couldn't wipe the grin off of his face.

Personally, I think you can't go wrong with either bike. I just preferred the Burgman. I have no problems keeping up with the Wing. In fact, I keep telling John that he needs to pick up the pace, or I am going to run his a$$ over!! We like to call it a Scooter with an Attitude!!!

Happy scooting,
Paula
(John's wife.)

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had the Silverwing. Loved it. Had it up to 105. Handled well. Traded it in for a ST1100.

Cementhead 1300

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
jbivens544 said:
... Right now I am leaning towards the Suzuki due to the extra power.
I wouldn't choose between these two scoots based on that criteria. Either would be a good choice.

The best thing you could do here is just let your wife pick the one she wants based on fit, feel, and color. :wink:

·
Registered
211 Posts
jbivens544 said:
She is interested in the Honda SilverWing or the Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive. They both have ABS.
Anyone on this site have first hand info on these two scoots?
Yes... I own an 06 Burgman 650 non ABS. In fact I have it for sale... you can see my ad at www.burgmanusa.com a forum based web site for the Burgy.

Nice scooter, very fast 5 speed automatic that is a dream! I did 3 months before I decided to get back into big bikes again. I commuted via highway, 75mph no problem 70 miles a day. The seat is thick, but hard. The most I can do in a day is 150 miles and that is using and airhawk seat.

Pete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts