GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.putfile.com/frank06/images/50821

Above are some quick inside pictures of the Wife's Silverwing Trike. Brought it home tonight, chilly ride home, 41 degrees.....

Will take some more tomorrow in the daylight.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nice looking trike :!: Your wife is going to love it. :wink:

If you are interested in adding a Givi passenger back rest or perhaps a silver trunk, let me know. I have some Silverwing take offs in excellent condition.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Didn't know they made such a beast. You've sure got a good looking one there. The bike's pretty too. :wink:

·
Registered
179 Posts
VERY NICE. THANKS FOR SHARING !

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Is that a Trike, or like a voyager kit with 3 wheels in the back and one up front ?? What kind of rear end is under it ?? I am interested !!

Sure is a good looking rig

Thanks ! 8)

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the link to his web site, http://www.dansontrikes.com/1.html
he's about 40 miles away from us.
Yes, it's a kit that retains the rear wheel, however after researching and looking at several kits out there, we felt this was the best kit available for the Silverwing. The guy designed and developed this himself, he only will do the Honda Silverwing or the Suzuki Bergman ( scooters only).

The rear tire is removed from the rim and replaced with a car tire, 14" American Racing wheels, two shocks are added to the outside....it's a sweet unit.

If you go to the website, click on the Bergman link. The silverwing link is the old design, the wife's was the first of the new design, simular body of the Bergman.. when he went to rallies, everyone liked the Bergman style over the Silverwing ( body only) so he redesigned the Silverwing to look like the Bergman style.

He's a real nice guy, small business man trying to make it..

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Very interesting, Thanks for the info !!!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Very nice, I never knew they had a trike conversion for a SilverWing. I love it. Please let me know how it handles after you ride it a while.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Very nice. I like it a lot and it looks very cool. I bet you will both enjoy it, and it may be an option for my sweetie.

I have a question and am not attempting to start heated discussion (who me), but because the rear wheel is not removed (good to keep it I think) and two outrigger type wheels are added there are now four wheels. Will the DMV continute to license as a cycle (usually defined a two or three wheeled vehicle?) Just curious, probably will never come up unless somone specifically mentions to DMV.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It think so, because the trike kit can be removed and converted back to a two wheel vehicle....but I'm gonna tell them any different... :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts