GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking on this forum for months, but since my wife just took delivery of a 2009 Pearl Yellow ABS GL1800, and needed a chaufer :lol:, I thought it was about time I registered and joined in.

My wife decided she wanted to ride on back for a while, so she sold her ride, came up with the money to buy this new bike, and told me that I was going to have to drive it for her. We are both ATGATT, so she had to have tons of "safety chrome", too. Now, don't some of you members wish that you had a SO like that?

I grew up on the back of my Dad's Cushman, and for forty years have ridden everything from my first mini-bike up to my most recent bike, an 1100 Spirit. I even put 15-20 miles on my Brother-in-law's 1978 GL thirty years ago, but I have to say, nothing prepared me for this bike. What a sweet ride!

And what a great forum! I have found a world of good information, and friendly people on this site. I look forward to lots of miles and definitely lots of smiles. All I have to do now is find a good home for my 1100 Spirit. :doorag:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
:congrats:Your gonna love it. I also have a wonderful wife. She was the number 1 customer at Texas Cycle Chrome last year.
Kurt

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought my first GoldWing as a present for my wife's 40th birthday. She loved it. But I had to play chauffeur. Life can be tough. ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nothing like a GW even more so after I triked it, our first date was on a GW, in June will be 25 yrs. and we still love to go for rides. you might say that GW's is our glue that holds us together, its been great and she is not jelous of the time I spend with it. Hope yours brings you as much happiness as our's has.

Larry

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the forum. Hang on to that woman, too.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's gonna break your heart the day that "she" wants to sit at the keyboard, keep your eye open for another one:lol: (bike I mean!)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Welcome and enjoy...my wife doesn't ride but my son climbs aboard...and we have fun..

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Always glad to see another Hoosier get on board. Don't forget to check out the Indiana board.

I enjoy riding down your way and stopping at Andersons Cycle then riding along the river up to the river boats.

Welcome,

Dan

·
Registered
1,858 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Congratulations

Welcome and Congratulations. I am sure you are gonna love every minute!:yes1:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Does she have a sister???

·
Registered
821 Posts
Congrats on the Pearl Yeller Ride! Welcome to the board. Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Went into the dealership to look at an Interstate when the 2001's first came out and my wife said "why are you looking at that bike, that red one over there looks sweet...." At the time I reinforced what I already knew...I had a keeper. She has learned to play golf, sat at every Bears game no matter the weather when we had our season tickets, has been on the back of the bike for thousands of miles/now rides too, gave me 2 great kids, looks stunning when she dresses up and puts up with my crud. Seems you have a keeper too.

Ride safely, enjoy the board as a member vs. a "lurker" and hang on to that little lady!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome Lorenzo,
:congrats: on your new Wing to your wife an you. You are correct, the folks here are wonderful with their support and wealth of info on everything. I am learning much.
Ride safe.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Sounds like a sweet ride AND wife. Keep em both!

WELCOME!!!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts