GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several times this year I've posted an update on Cathy's condition. We hope and pray this will be the last one. As some of you know, Cathy was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer this past January. At that time, the prognosis was not very encouraging. Since then Cathy's had 2 surgeries, one being a double mastectomy. She's endured 20 weeks of Chemo and withstood 6 weeks of Radiation treatment. To say she's had a bad year would be equivalent to saying the Titanic hit a small piece of ice.

This past Friday, Cathy completed her last Radiaton treatment. To say we are completely out of the woods and have nothing to worry about is premature. However, the mear fact that I'm able to give this report is a blessing in it's self.

Cathy and I both would like to thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and well wishes. Without the support of friends and family this journey would have been a lot harder.

I hope and pray this Christmas is as meaningful to all of you as it is to us.

Merry Christmas from our house to your's.

Terry and Cathy

(To be politically correct )-- We look forward to putting a lot of (s)miles on the Wing in the near future :)

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Great news, never met either, but my thoughts are with you both...

May you have a great Christmas and I know God will keep the blessings coming.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Terry,
It sounds like there is reason for hope. Continued prayers and wishes for complete and speedy recovery will continue to be sent to both Cathy and you. I still fondly remember our nice dinner togehter. Please say hi to Cathy for me and tell her I look forward to seeing you two again someting soon.
C.J. from Michigan.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
That is great news and we will continue to keep Cathy in our thoughts!!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Terry,

Cathy sounds like a trooper! Enduring what she went through is a major accomplishment. It sounds like she's on her way to remission. Cherish the time, and have the best Holidays ever with her.

FF

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Terry, Thats great news. I am very happy she is making great progress. SHe is an amazing woman. God Bless and have a happy new year!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Good luck, you will be in my prayers.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Update

I lost my wife to breast cancer five years ago. Hers was metastasized to every bone in her body and brain by the time the lesions were discovered so the chemo and radiation were very limited. It still makes for a tough time on everyone. Positive outlook helps a great deal. I wish the best for your wife and you.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
That's great news Terry! I know Julie and Kathy have kept in touch, but Julie said this is an even better Christmas! We're both very happy at your good news, and will continue to keep you both in our prayers.

Merry Christmas, and may God bless us all.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Hope 2007 will be Happy for both of you... my well wishes are with you both..

Hopefully .. not into the too distant future... they will find a cure for cancer
I lost my first wife to cancer... so I kinda understand what both of you are going thru... Merry Christmas !!

cosmic

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Terry, this is truly good news that Cathy has made it through all of this. May this Christmas continue with many, many more for the both of you. Your both in our prayers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great News, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and may 07 be the best year either of you have ever had :!:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Terry,

Meesh and I have added Cathy to our daily prayers since the beginning.

This is good news and a great time to share it.

We shall continue our prayers in the wish for Cathy's continued improvements.

Life throws curve balls at us all the time. It is good when we catch one and turn it into a home run!

God Bless and a Merry Christmas.

Bulldog

·
Firm Member
3,159 Posts
Thanks for the update and better news. Hang in there and give Cathy a hug from me for all she has been through and her courage. Hug yourself while you are at it, (that can be from a female member).

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Hey Terry! Great news, here's hoping you folks can now take a moment to relax. I more than understand your distraction when we exchanged PM's a few months back. Merry Christmas!!!

Bradford

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Terry,

It is good to hear some positive news from you this time of year. Any illness can upset the apple cart and when cancer gets involved it really gets serious.

Everybody who has had any illness or problems and I have known about it have all been in my prayers. There is some real power there. We just do not see it all of the time.

You two enjoy this Christmas as I am sure you will.

Ross and Joyce.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts