GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about installing the Wig-Wag. Like many of you I only wanted the trunk lights to Wiggle.

I read all the posts and printed the photos. BUT A WARNING . . .for 2006 the wiring for the trunk lights has changed. Instead of having 2 brake wires (GREEN/RED) going to each side of the trunk there is only one on each side. In essence the 2 lights on each side are wired as one so there is no way for the Wig-Wag to make them wiggle.

You should have seen my face when I cut open the wire harnesses and found only 5 wires on each side rather than 6. I thought I was nuts or something.

The Wig-Wag unit ended up working just like the original Back-Off unit. When you hit the brakes the lights pulse quickly, then more slowly and then stay on bright for a few seconds and then the pattern repeats itself.

It is still effective but not the wiggle I had hoped for. So if you're looking for the trunk lights to wiggle - forget about it.

I do not know what would happen with the lower saddle bag lights since I did not look at its wiring.

Thanks again - RIDE SAFE

DonNJ

PS: I'm in NC on my way to Daytona and them off to the Florida Keys - Sure beats working!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Instead of having 2 brake wires (GREEN/RED) going to each side of the trunk there is only one on each side.

Thats because only one bulb functions as a brake light on each side. The fix for me was to buy a new harness 24.00 at dealer and make all 4 trunk lights work as brake lights

·
Registered
52 Posts
Tour Pack alternating brake lights

On my 2006 Navi I also wanted the tour pack lights to (Wiggle) on each side.
While at the Davis Rally in Iowa I purchased a Kit from C.J. Industries, Web Site is riverstyxcollectibles.com.
You will find that two inside tour pack taillights are not wired to be brake lights but there is a empty hole in each connector and the bulbs have a fillment for this connection.
C.J. includes jumper wires to fit into this (empty hole in the socket) then to there wiring harness and then every thing works great!!!
I do not know why Honda decided to eleminate the extra brake lights as all they needed to do was to wire them up???
One thing this kit (wiggles) the tour pack lights (4) whenever the brake is applied until you release the brake.
I also installed the Kisan deceleration kit to my lighted spoiler and that unit flashes in a fast to slow pattern and then to full on as long as the brake is applied.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts