GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 06 and 07 battery is higher capacity, but will is it physically bigger as well? I need a new battery for my 03 and if the newer type will fit I will get that instead. Are there any differences?

·
Registered
19,989 Posts
Where did you hear that they are different. The Yuasa part number for the 01-07 Wing is YTX20HL-BS.

The 06 and 07 do have a higher output alternator. Maybe that is what you are thinking.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
GWeddie said:
I know the 06 and 07 battery is higher capacity, but will is it physically bigger as well? I need a new battery for my 03 and if the newer type will fit I will get that instead. Are there any differences?
Looking at two different parts fiche, the '03' and '07' use the same battery. The one you get from HDL is a higher capacity than your original. You can get more info from Yuasa http://www.yuasabatteries.com/vehicle_search.asp

Although my original battery starts my bike fine, I'm going to replace it in the spring before I take any trips. I bought one from HDL during one of the sales.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I thought I read that the battery was higher capacity when the 06 came out. My mistake. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts