GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Craftsman Motorcycle/ATV lift that holds 1500 lbs.
A friend wants to buy it if it works on a 2018.
I am not sure.
Has anyone used it on one yet?

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
I don't think any lift that lifts from the bottom will work on the 1833. The pipes will contact the lift.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Members of the forum have done some sort of adaptation to make them work.

Reactions: murf

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not to derail your thread. But while shopping for lifts, I tried both current model Craftsman cycle lifts on my 02 Wing and felt that they were terrible unsafe and unstable for lifting that much weight. They were comparable to the Harborfreight that is always on sale. If in a pinch, Id be very leery of using one, even for a bike that weighed 100 lbs less. Im just thinking about the well being of your friend and his new Wing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not to derail your thread. But while shopping for lifts, I tried both current model Craftsman cycle lifts on my 02 Wing and felt that they were terrible unsafe and unstable for lifting that much weight. They were comparable to the Harborfreight that is always on sale. If in a pinch, Id be very leery of using one, even for a bike that weighed 100 lbs less. Im just thinking about the well being of your friend and his new Wing.

Thoughts?
Dang, I have a Harbor Freight lift that I've used for years on my Valkyrie Interstate and now on my 17 Wing. Never felt that it was unsafe/unstable. I always strap the bike to the lift. Maybe that helps.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Dang, I have a Harbor Freight lift that I've used for years on my Valkyrie Interstate and now on my 17 Wing. Never felt that it was unsafe/unstable. I always strap the bike to the lift. Maybe that helps.
Same here... I've been using this Sears MC jack since I've owned a Goldwing.

1988, 2006, & 2014. Absolutely no issues. I always strap it down though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've had my 850+ pound Road Glide up on my $70 HF lift dozens of times. Zero issues. I've even lifted it just high enough to get both tires off the floor and rolled it around. Zero issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts