GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Maybe it has been a long time since you read the question and reply. D&D was asked what their opinion was on car tires mounted on GL1800 OEM wheels. Neither the question nor answer mentioned anything about tickets, just safety and insurance.

If you go to the November 2018 issue you can read it all over again and see what it actually says.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Maybe you should go back and read the last 2 sentences in my second paragraph.

And after more than 20 years since I originally asked for it, I am STILL waiting for ONE, SINGLE, VERIFIABLE INSTANCE OF AN ACCIDENT CAUSED BY, OR INSURANCE DENIAL DUE TO, A CT ON A BIKE.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I ask this light heartily. Yesterday a friend of mine showed me a full page picture in his latest Wing World mag. and asked me if I noticed something odd about the pic. It jumped right out at me as soon as I saw the pic. One of the GW's in the foreground had a CT on the back and what looks like it might be a BT45 on the front. Knowing how anti CT the GWRRA is I am surprised this pic made it to the mag.:eek:4:
You are right! December issue/Page 7 Contents / Black Goldwing
He has what looks like a Battleaxe brand tire? on the front and definitely a Run Flat car tire on the back!
Bravo Wing World! It’s about bloody time all y’all came around to the idea of a RF car tire on the wing!! :grin2:

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Car tire

You are right! December issue/Page 7 Contents / Black Goldwing
He has a Battleaxe cartire ? on the front and a car tire on the back!
Bravo Wing World! It’s about bloody time all y’all came around to the idea of a RF car tire on the wing!! :grin2:
The BT45 is a motorcycle tire not a car tire. However it is a rear MT that GW riders use on the front.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts