GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I had a trip planned to the Grand Canyon through a tour company in September. We were just notified that the trip was cancelled and the only time available is the beginning of June.
It was a tough choice, but the Grand Canyon won out.
So I hope you all have a wonderful time there and I will look forward to seeing all the pics when they get posted.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Lets see......... Cats-Cade or Last-Cade....... Grand Canyon has been there 100,000 years and will probably be there another 100,000 :D :D
Go to Grand Canyon! Everyone should see that at least once in their lifetime.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Grand Canyon is Ok I guess... You like holes in the ground??? How does that compare with Catscade?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enjoy, be safe, post pictures and we'll catch you and the wife next time!!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Bulldog said:
"T" ,

If you are not going, then neither am I!

Bulldog :lol:
Hey Roy
Now is your chants with Meesh since Bulldog is not coming.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Dan, we will miss seeing both of you this year. Have fun and enjoy your trip to the Grand Canyon.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Sorry, that you can't attend both Cats-Cade and the GC. I've been to the GC several times, and I firmly believe that you can't fully appreciate the magnitude of the canyon, until you actually stand at the edge, and look downward to perceive the entire sensual reception of the view.

However, there is a close resemblance, right in New York state, although, it's not too close to the Catskills. Letchworth State park, in SW NY has been deeply carved by the NORTHWARD flowing Genesse river. If you pass near it, be certain to ride the few miles of overlooks. It's a different type of rock erosion, but definitely a spectacular view. The deeper gorges begin at the southern end.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
T-bear, we are going to the Grand Canyon in early June also. If you see a white '06 wing with two yellow jackets...that's us.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ElBando,
My wife and I will be on a rented BMW R1200RT most likely with a group of riders. I will keep an eye out for you, be ready to wave!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Is it OK to wave at a BMW? I'll have to check the posts here first.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Sorry I won't be meeting you at CC.

Will they have that 'sky bridge' thing done before you get there? It's a U shaped walkway extending over the canyon with a plexiglass bottom so you can look straight down into the canyon.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My wife saw the articale and said she would not go near it, who knows. I would go, why not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts