GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a brain bucket for her, but the car seat fit right in there perfect.

I have researched everything for NH and find nothing that wold prohibit me from going for a ride with her. My wife has a friend that is a cop who said she would immediately pull someone over who did this. When I asked what ticket they would get she did not know, but would think of something.

Now I am a little gun shy.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On a side note why does any picture I insert come in sideways or upside down?

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Please tell us you're joking?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'd be more than happy to lock you up for endangering the welfare of a child. Use your head for something more than a hat rack.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No it is not a joke. The car seat is secured as well as it is in a car. She already rides with me on a dirt bike on woods trails. Slow speeds of course. She loves it and is not afraid at all.

No it is not child endangerment. If it were then driving in a car would be as well. Walking her on the side of the road in a stroller is more dangerous.

No it is not reckless.

I did use my head for something other than a hat rack. It too a little time to get the seat belts secured behind and under the seat.

I guess we have too many nanny statists here???????????

·
Registered
335 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Childern should not ride on a motorcycle untill they can fit on one. Meaning their feet will fit on the passenger foot pegs/boards. Up to the age of 18 in Ohio all riders must wear a helmet and put the child in the proper riding gear.

Others on the board are serious. If I were a LEO I would bother you!:confused:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If you have to ask, you already know the answer.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
No it is not a joke. The car seat is secured as well as it is in a car. She already rides with me on a dirt bike on woods trails. Slow speeds of course. She loves it and is not afraid at all.

No it is not child endangerment. If it were then driving in a car would be as well. Walking her on the side of the road in a stroller is more dangerous.

No it is not reckless.

I did use my head for something other than a hat rack. It too a little time to get the seat belts secured behind and under the seat.

I guess we have too many nany statists here???????????

You did ask. If you don't want to know, then leave it out of the forum.

I see a child endangerment charge, along with several others.

Be carefull what you ask for you may get it. This is a public forum and Child Protective Services usually have no humor about them. You have no recourse if they decide to target you either.

FYI

·
Registered
176 Posts
Is it the smartest thing to do? Probably not.

Is there a law actually in existence that makes it illegal? It's one thing to cite him for endangerment, but that could be contested in court and easily beaten unless there is a specific law that does not allow the practice..

·
Registered
7,930 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts

No it is not reckless.

I guess we have too many nanny statists here???????????

This is wrong on so many levels it's hard to know where to begin....
I guess you don't think the possibility for a crash is too risky. Even if a crash was totally not your fault, you would be crucified by the public at large for being so careless subjecting a baby to such risky pursuits. I don't know who's lack of concern is greater here... the mother or the father. Unbelievable...

With that being said, congratulations on putting this out on a public forum. If anything happens to that child in the future, you're going to be in a world of hurt trying to explain yourself.

·
Registered
293 Posts
This is a no brainer,,,,(not to insult anybody) when I was a cop you would have been in front of a judge explaining why this is a good idea. Motorcycles are not for kids!.......

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
First charge would be no helmet.
Second charge Child endangerment
Third would be social services Not fun if they take your child away even for a week just to sort these things out
I would let the courts sort it out if you were guilty or not.
Is it really worth the money, time and effort to even start this problem and fight it in court?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow....... I guess I should have stated differently.

Should have said "Look how easily a car seat fits on a Goldwing!"

I am complying with all NH state laws regarding passengers on a motorcycle. The only two laws that exist are 1. You need the same number of foot pegs as you have passengers. 2. Under the age of 18 you must wear a DOT helmet. I found a helmet for her today which is a little big, but should be fine in the near future.

Go ahead and send Social Services my way. Here is my address. 56 Bible Hill Rd, Hillsboro NH. Legally nothing can be done, however if they try I guarantee you will see us in the national news.

I will not be breaking any laws in NH which was my original question for those of you in other states. I was curious if others have brought their daughters/grand daughters for a ride. I guess not.

Settle down guys. Nothing wrong with bringing my daughter out for a ride. Hell at the age of two there is a level of Nascar go cart racing. Is that endangerment too?

·
Registered
792 Posts
To begin with, car seats are designed to provide protection via specific mounting in an automobile, not on a passenger pillion on a motorcycle.

They're recommended to be mounted facing rearward in the back seat.

Children 'love' lots of things that aren't good for them. It's the adult's job to keep them safe from those things until they're old enough - not enable them.

Ridiculous. And we wonder how people culd be so stupid to drive and talk/text on their phones. They're evidently geniuses compared to this.

1 - 20 of 332 Posts