GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The word snow is in the forcast for us on Thursday.

I hope there's somemore riding days left before PMS sets in........... :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
I sure feel for riders in the mid-west and eastern areas of the U.S., out
here in the west, we keep ridin' on :D

I mentioned in a previous post, high 70's to low 80's forecast for this
weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
Will Thursday be a start of PMS???

Not in Az..... 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
It's way too early for PMS. The ground isn't frozen yet and the snow will melt. Besides, it will be an ElNino winter and we can ride all year, even in the Midwest, it just may require a snowmobile suit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,305 Posts
Shucks, Thursday is when a whole bunch of us are leaving for Harrison, AR. Might be a tad cool, but nowhere near PMS time. Of course, we don't have that problem in Texas. Might be a few days of freezing weather (with some precip, too), but generally speaking, we get to ride all Winter long.

Mesquite Bob
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,115 Posts
wk4bg8s said:
I sure feel for riders in the mid-west and eastern areas of the U.S., out
here in the west, we keep ridin' on :D

I mentioned in a previous post, high 70's to low 80's forecast for this
weekend.
I heard that we are expecting 70-80 for a few more WEEKS !!!! YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!...and it only get s down to 46-50 on my commute to work!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
8)

Here in South Eastern Virginny this weekend will be crisp and cool (50-60's), nice ridin' weather and we'll be doin' a charity ride early Sunday then headin' out West towards The ParkWay for some nice cruisin'. :wink: Y'all part-time riders can assist us by keepin' that nasty white stuff way North of the Mason Dixon Line and enjoy the snowmobile time. :wink:
I gotta average 1k-2k miles a month until May to change to new shoes on the Wing for the trip to CatsCade. :wink: 8)



:flg:
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
******* Dave said:
8)

Here in South Eastern Virginny this weekend will be crisp and cool (50-60's), nice ridin' weather and we'll be doin' a charity ride early Sunday then headin' out West towards The ParkWay for some nice cruisin'. :wink: Y'all part-time riders can assist us by keepin' that nasty white stuff way North of the Mason Dixon Line and enjoy the snowmobile time. :wink:
I gotta average 1k-2k miles a month until May to change to new shoes on the Wing for the trip to CatsCade. :wink: 8)



:flg:
Dave my man,
ya'all got'a come up north here... say in the middle of January and see how good you southern boys have it.
It's the type of climate that makes boys into men and sheep..............will..............you know the rest.................LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,678 Posts
******* Dave said:
8)

Here in South Eastern Virginny this weekend will be crisp and cool (50-60's), nice ridin' weather and we'll be doin' a charity ride early Sunday then headin' out West towards The ParkWay for some nice cruisin'. :wink: Y'all part-time riders can assist us by keepin' that nasty white stuff way North of the Mason Dixon Line and enjoy the snowmobile time. :wink:
I gotta average 1k-2k miles a month until May to change to new shoes on the Wing for the trip to CatsCade. :wink: 8)



:flg:
Is that for Saint Judes?...If so might see you there.
 

·
Chard Member
Joined
·
13,056 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
The word snow is in the forcast for us on Thursday.
SNOW....... :eek:4:

No offense, but I'm always happy to see the first snow fly up north. That usually means I can turn the a/c off in a few weeks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,493 Posts
Average October temp for central Michigan is about 60 degrees.

I prefer 60 over 90. Rode most of yesterday in weather between 50 & 55 with somme rain and it was very comfortable.

A little snow will get a lot of people to put their bikes away and clear the road for the rest of us.
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Red said:
Wi_Winger said:
The word snow is in the forcast for us on Thursday.
SNOW....... :eek:4:

No offense, but I'm always happy to see the first snow fly up north. That usually means I can turn the a/c off in a few weeks!
Ya Red and get ready for us snow birds..................LOL
 

·
Chard Member
Joined
·
13,056 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
Red said:
[quote="Wi_Winger":27yhrau6]The word snow is in the forcast for us on Thursday.
SNOW....... :eek:4:

No offense, but I'm always happy to see the first snow fly up north. That usually means I can turn the a/c off in a few weeks!
Ya Red and get ready for us snow birds..................LOL[/quote:27yhrau6]

Luckily I don't have to start dodging you guys until after Thanksgiving. LOL.... Most seem to wait until after Christmas. Our Canadian friends from the great white north are already on their way down. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
:shock: :roll:

OK fellas,
I gotta come clean like I did on the OTB, I was born & raised in the middle of no where in of all places.............. OhiO :roll: :lol:
I grew up on a very sizable farm like 5,000 acres, rode dirt bikes, rode horses did all the crazy kid growin' up stuff through all four seasons. Dad was a Yankee from Vermont and Mom's family was down in the hollers of Tennessee and Kentucky. I left right after I graduated from high school and ain't been back. Been in the South since that time and that's a lot more time South than North. SNOW up to my chest (I'm 6'6) was no fun and I ain't goin' back. :wink:
Y'all can have it, I like ridin' year round and all the positives about livin' down this way. :wink:
I was into Lynyrd Skynyrd long before the crash, Molly Hatchet, The Outlaws and the other kids thought I was a nutjob, they were correct but for the wrong reasons. :lol:

I do feel that the motorcycle that we all own and love deserves to be used to the fullest extent capable but y'all gotta cram it all into 7-8 months. :roll: :)


:flg:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
559 Posts
It started here this morning. I drove to work in a driving snow. Lucky none of it stuck.... It brought back memories of the 1991 Halloween Blizard here. 60+ inches of snow in 24 hours. I still think it will warm up here again in the next week or two. One last ride before I swap out the wing for the Snowmobiles! :snow1: :snow1: :snow1: :snow1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
949 Posts
This will be the second year for this Michigander (or is it Michiganian?) to not have PMS. I left MI Sunday at 5:30 a.m. - foggy and 40 degrees. I rode south as fast as the conditions would allow. Finally warmed up around 11 a.m. Weather and colors were beautiful from southern OH thru WV, VA, KY, TN, NC and GA. I rode up to the condo this afternoon in St Petersburg FL, 85 degrees inland, 81 here on the gulf. We'll fly back to MI in early Nov for the holidays but when we come back to the condo for the winter, the Wing will be waiting here for me to ride. Plus, I get to ride it north again in the spring. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,477 Posts
It was beautiful here this morning. 27 with snow coming down as the sun was shining. I got an hour in before work. I'm fat with a high metabolism, so I seldom get cold. Just use the jacket and gloves. If I'm gonna be out for more than 3 hours at under freezing I'll dig out my ancient Widder electric vest. I'll ride any time the roads aren' t icy.

I'd like to be in the South or the West for the mountains, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Started here lat night about 11:00. Just a 1/4 inch or so on the ground this am. 32 was high for today, no riding today. May get one or two more mid day rides in! :cry:

Bill, U.P. Michigan (It is God's country though).
 

·
Tattooed Freak
Joined
·
510 Posts
Lazyboy said:
It was beautiful here this morning. 27 with snow coming down as the sun was shining. I got an hour in before work. I'm fat with a high metabolism, so I seldom get cold. Just use the jacket and gloves. If I'm gonna be out for more than 3 hours at under freezing I'll dig out my ancient Widder electric vest. I'll ride any time the roads aren' t icy.

I'd like to be in the South or the West for the mountains, though.
hay lazyboy i only got about 30 minutes ride to work. but i love how everybody look at me like i'm nuts. 191 days straight riding so far.
not bad for wisconsin
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top