GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we Picked our new to us 2001 GL1800 from the last owner in Springville,TN. We staied the night in Nashville in order to ride to SMRI III the next day with Wimpyhonda. Loading the bike today I saw few drops of oil under the bike. The honda dealer of coolspring explained to me that the drishaft has almost no oil and when he draihed the oil it as fuul with metal. He also said that he can not help me since he have not replacment nor time to do it. Well "here goes my vacation" I figured, "coming all the way from Israel and left without a wing".
I called Lowel [Wimpyhonda], whom We plained to ride with to Bryson City for SMRI to explain the new situatiation.You can understand my soprise when he said: " come over to my house, I will fix this for you". Now, I had never met Lowel yet, I did not new that he is sertified honda mechanic. All I new was that this guy is going to save my vacation. Thank you Lowel, I will never forget you kindness and your good will to help a guy that you never met. You did an excelent and profecional job and did not want any payment for the work.
I made this video after a long day and erquest everyone forgivnece for my english and video's qoality]. [

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Sounds just like something he would do.:thumbup::clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:thumbup: Good deal! Hope you enjoy your vacation here and the weather is good.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Dan
Was a pleasure meeting you and your wife and to be able to help you. Hope the rest of your vacation is problem free. Now after your good words my helment is to small LOL. See you all in a little bit.

PS Hope i typed where you can understand me (inside :joke:)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Ahhhhhhh....with some of the posts on this board lately, the personal attacks and general aggressive nonsense, I was thinking it was time to go...

Thanks for sharing your story and reaffirming that the majority here are great people

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
No question he is a good guy.:thumbup: Dan, great that you were/are able to enjoy your visit.

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
Absolutely! Lowell is one of the reasons we stay around on this forum. :)

Welcome to the US, Dan. Wish we could be at the SMRI to meet you!

Rich & Becky

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
WimpyHonda is a paragon of mankind. The world needs more people of his caliber, to say the least. :bow:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Good For You Wimp

Dan, Wimpy is truly on of the "Good Guys". He has helped me out numerous times. I hope you were able to understand his Red Neck lingo. LOL He called me last night to get me to ride with you guys today but I had a prior commitment I couldn't reschedule. I hope to get to meet and greet you before you have to leave. Hope you guys have a great ride today even if the weather isn't looking to good.

·
Banned
208 Posts
More of what WimpyHonda did and less of the bickering that goes on here... I for one take my hat off to you sir!!!:bow:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Wimpy, You go Boy! When I grow up, I would like to be just like you.

Dan, Your English is fine, but the Gal singing that song, could use a little fine tuning....LOL

Always good to hear a good story, especially where we help our own, our neighbors! And yes Dan, You and your lovely Lady are our Neighbors.

Now who wants to fight?....LOL

Bulldog

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,701 Posts
Now who wants to fight?....LOL

Bulldog
I DO.....just show up at my place and we'll put up a ring! But you have to bring Meesh or it's all off!!!

Pugilize safely.

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,701 Posts
Thank you Lowel, I will never forget you kindness and your good will to help a guy that you never met. You did an excelent and profecional job and did not want any payment for the work.
Not surprised at all.

Way to go, Wimp!

Philanthropize safely.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
What a great guy this WimpyHonda dude is! I hope his good deeds come back to him one day in multiples. I think it great that we have a visitor from Israel here riding a Goldwing! I wonder if the person that sold you the bike knew it had this problem...if so...shame on him!

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Dan made it home safe with no bad weather . I rode a little over 300 miles. Sure did enjoy your company and will see you two tomm evening for fish.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts