GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, anybody running these Kuryakyn 6578 Upper Air Deflectors? looking for feed back?
thanks
Glasses Sunglasses Goggles Sleeve Bag

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I have the lower Kuryakyn deflectors, but they only pull in the warm radiator air when opened. I have the Show Chrome upper air deflector and I love them, they bring in a lot of cooler air around the chest area. The Show Chrome are infinitely adjustable where as the Kuryakyn seem to have only open or closed.
The Show Chrome are less expensive as well.

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Both Sue and I have the Kuryakyn uppers and lowers. The uppers are not as adjustable as the Show Chrome but I think they are better made. If you get the lowers do not use the tape. Get some hon Velcro at Ace Hardware and use that instead.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both Sue and I have the Kuryakyn uppers and lowers. The uppers are not as adjustable as the Show Chrome but I think they are better made. If you get the lowers do not use the tape. Get some hon Velcro at Ace Hardware and use that instead.
looks like the fitting is easy, just using on screw is that correct?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the lower Kuryakyn deflectors, but they only pull in the warm radiator air when opened. I have the Show Chrome upper air deflector and I love them, they bring in a lot of cooler air around the chest area. The Show Chrome are infinitely adjustable where as the Kuryakyn seem to have only open or closed.
The Show Chrome are less expensive as well.
thanks yes im looking at those as week, just not a big fan off the chrome brackets, i can get the kury ones for a fair bit less form aliexpress

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For HONDA Gold Wing GL1800 2018 2019 2020 F6B Motorcycle Accessories Adjustable Upper Air Deflectors

• For HONDA Gold Wing GL1800 2018 2019 2020 F6B Motorcycle Accessories Adjustable Upper Air Deflectors
  • For HONDA Gold Wing GL1800 2018 2019 2020 F6B Motorcycle Accessories Adjustable Upper Air Deflectors
For HONDA Gold Wing GL1800 2018 2019 2020 F6B Motorcycle Accessories Adjustable Upper Air Deflectors

AU $142.50
AU $167.65
-15%
After discounts: AU $138.36

AU $1.38 off on AU $41.34
Get coupons

Color:
  • A
  • B
Quantity:
2000 pieces available

Free Shipping
to Australia via AliExpress Standard Shipping

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
You remove the screw that holds the cover under mirror. Install a bracket with a new screw. Lube and screw the deflector into the bracket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have them. Yes,,one screw to install. Only ones I've tried but I like them. My shirt would lift up bad before I added them. Noticeable difference. As stated before Only 2 positions, open or closed. No need to ever close them tho.

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
235 Posts
hi, anybody running these Kuryakyn 6578 Upper Air Deflectors? looking for feed back?
thanks View attachment 389512
Bob
I had those Kury uppers but shifted to the OEM uppers. The Kury's do catch and route a little more air to the rider than the OEM. The OEM block air to the rider (and hands) better than the Kury and have infinite positions. OEM is a bit harder get on and off compared to Kury. I personally like the OEM uppers better. The Kury and OEM are good products - in my opinion it boils down to personal preference, just like oil, tires, and headsets

·
Registered
2019 Tour DCT
167 Posts
thanks View attachment 389512
I have the Kuryakan ones on my 2019 and find they block the wind well, they are not adjustable and don’t allow you to direct air onto your body. I will be replacing them soon, most likely with the OEM ones.

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour DCT
235 Posts
Other option is the Big Bike Parts Show Chrome Upper Wind Deflector

Several folks in chapter CA-1F have them.

Infinitely adjustable like OEM.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Other option is the Big Bike Parts Show Chrome Upper Wind Deflector

Several folks in chapter CA-1F have them.

Infinitely adjustable like OEM.

I have these and really like them. Blocks the wind fairly well when 'closed' and brings in a ton of air when 'open'. Don't know about the OEM deflectors since I've not ridden with the OEMs.

The lowers kick out the radiator heat and block some wind when closed. Haven't tried opening them when cold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts