GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Continuing my series of questions......

What is the best combination of add-ons to divert wind from the passenger area? I've looked at both Baker and Tulsa wind diverters. Any recommendations or comments? Ease of installation is important as well as the ability to use them in the summer to bring in more cool air if needed.

Rick and Karen
Tuscaloosa, AL

·
Registered
213 Posts
I installed both the Baker Hand Wings and Wind Wings which combined to make my passenger a lot more comfortable. I prefer the Baker Hand Wings over the Tulsa because the Baker's are adjustable. In the heat, I swivel them out to direct air on myself (driver) and this works quite well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I installed Tulsa mirro wings and that stopped most of the wind buffering that my wife complained about. Also they look very sleak matching the the GW's apperance.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
There is a myth out there that Tulsa mirror wings are not adjustable. It is perpetuated by a great many members of this board and Allan himself from Tulsa Enterprises. However, I have used the Tulsa wings for over 20,000 miles, backwards, sideways, and regular without any problems. Used backwards along with my Cee Bailey's windshield does the best for my SWMBO. Easiest to install. Tape mirror in place; remove one screw; screw Tulsa in. That said, lots like Bakers and both work well. :yes2:

·
Registered
626 Posts
A good friend has used both Tulsa and Baker hand and side wings. He liked the Bakers best, said the they both did about the same for keeping the wind off and reducing the buffiting but, the Bakers have much more adjustabilty for bringing in air when/if you want too. I went with Bakers on his recommendation and I'm very happy. :D

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I agree with ddking

The Tulsa mirror wings I have on my bike can be adjusted. In winter or summer, I can move air in different directions depending on what type of "air conditioning" I want at the time. I have the Baker Air Wings which make neat "crotch coolers" in the heat of summer and they keep the chill out in the winter. Wind buffeting is not much of a problem unless the wife (co-rider) goes along. Fortunately, being retired with a wife that still contributes to keep the wolf away from the door (har har) - she doesn't get to ride as much as she would like.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the Baker and am very happy.

I especially like the easy way they adjust. In the summer I can open them up to move air behind the windshield. At highway speed I can close them to reduce the wind on the passenger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts