GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, I have the stock windscreen all the way up on my 08 GL.
It's about level with my shoulders and I'm getting a lot of wind noise & buffeting.

I ordered some Baker Mirror Wings to get the air off my hands but will they help with the helmet wind noise?

Is there a recommended replacement windscreen thats 3 or 4 inches taller and still has the vent?

I appreciate the help, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Hello All, I have the stock windscreen all the way up on my 08 GL.
It's about level with my shoulders and I'm getting a lot of wind noise & buffeting.

I ordered some Baker Mirror Wings to get the air off my hands but will they help with the helmet wind noise?

Is there a recommended replacement windscreen thats 3 or 4 inches taller and still has the vent?

I appreciate the help, thanks in advance!
Tulsa Makes a nice one

·
Registered
16,629 Posts
I have the Tulsa Extra Tall that is swept back. The passenger loves it and I really appreciate the wind free, baffle free ride, but I am not thrilled about looking through the wind screen. I used to hit my hed on it when I got on the bike, but now I can't figure out why that ever happended. It has been in service for over five years now and is still in good condition. If it wear out or scratches-up I do not know if I will use teh same again or not.

prs

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
First of all Dave, you have done the right thing by ordering the Baker Hand Wings (that mount under the mirrors). They do an incredible job for something so small. In the summer you can turn them in to get you more air. Very nice accessory that is very fucntional.

Like another posters here, I have the Tulsa Extra Tall. My wife absolutely loves it. Not only is it very tall, but more swept back than others so it's not so much a barn door. It does have a vent, which makes a big difference in getting rid of turbulance (it eliminates the negative pressure behind the screen). I keep mine slighty open in the winter, and full open in warm weather.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
I have the tinted tulsa standard i thinki it is 3 inches taller 1 inch wider than the OEM windsheild and have the full baker set up at 6"1 i look through the sheild not much buffeting for me with this set up i like it :lol:

Unfortunately because of the design of the bike or rear seat any one over 5'5 will get wind buffeting no matter what you try to do to improve it :-( i feel sorry for someone on the back over 6.0 tall :eek:4:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts