GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all: I'm getting very annoyed with wind noise and the sound of the mic getting bumped from the passenger head set. I have an idea I'd like to try but before I start cutting wire I'd like to know what some of you people may think.
My thought was to cut into the coiled wire and install a simple on/off switch on the Mic wire.(white one I believe) This would allow the wife to turn on the Mic when she wants to talk and also shut it off when not in use. We would still be able to hear each other but would have to turn on the Mic to talk. For the passenger switch I'd like to use a push button that you would have to hold down to talk and release when your finished.
We have tried the rubber glove over the Mic, a larger foam pad, and adjusting the audio unit. These help a bit but at times there is still a lot of turbulance back there. I've read about Mic Mutes but thought if this works it would be a much simpler and cheaper way to go.
Think this should work? Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks all!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mic-Mutes are worth their weight in gold. I had the same complaints as you and did some reading for solutions. I bought the mic-mutes and have been VERY pleased with the results. It is so very easy to operate for both the driver and passenger.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I found that when I added the Tulsa mirror wings that about 80% of the wind noise from the passenger mic disappeared. Works for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts