GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone has a opinion on baker wings or any other wind protection.rode this fall with all my gear on and hands and legs where still cold,live in newhampshire so it gets pretty cold in the fall.any opinions would be great.thank ..jc:confused::bow::coffee1:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I only use the "hand" wings but they help alot. I had the same problem with cold hands. Get some mirror wings, they are great. They are also good for summer riding because they help pull air into the "****pit" on a hot day. They are also super easy to install. :thumbup:

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I find that the Bakers keep the wind off my hands ... which is especially nice in cold weather riding... in summer they get much needed air into the ****pit..
my SO said when closed they cut down on the buffeting she gets on the highway...
i give them a 10...

cosmic

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the full set on mine (air, hand, legs and toes). They do a great job in both winter and summer. Also, helps keep the rain off you. If I had to pick just one of the four, it would be the hand wings. I would rank them:

1. Hand
2. Air
3. Leg
4. Toes

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have both the mirror and the 2 piece air wings. They do an outstanding job of keeping cold air off you, or giving you a nice breeze in hot weather.

In addition one piece of the two piece units is designed specifically to blow warm air from the radiator exits on you. Works well for me, notice it even through the Aerostich.

Took me a little while to realize you want that piece CLOSED in hot weather. :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just put on the hand wings this fall,what a different i will always have a set on my future wings.

I Also have the wind wings on the side of the fairing and they or great also,winter or summer.I would recommend them to everyone.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have the baker hand wings and find them great as all the other folks have indicated. My plan is to put the other wings on at some point. I am also looking to put a new windshield on which is wider and higher than the stock shield which I have on now. I want to reduce the wind buffetting my wife is receiving while riding behind me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you for input

just wanted to say thanks for the input.i am going to buy a complete set of baker wings.it seems they are the most popular.cant wait to try them this spring.it was 17 below zero here this morning in mason new hampshire.thats unusually cold even for new hampshire.spring cant come fast enough.thanks again...jc:yes1::bow::coffee1:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Since you live in the good state of New Hampshire, I would also like to suggest that you invest in some Gerbings heated gloves and clothes.

btw The Baker Wings are a great way to manage the air while riding in all seasons, especially the summer.:cool:

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Mine used to loosen when I adjusted them. The post would turn in the mirror-blue Loctite fixed that. The lock nut got where it wouldn't hold- mashing the tip in a vise fixed that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Baker Wings

I love mine, and what I like about the Baker vs. others is they are adjustable, you can open them up in the summer to let more air in and close them off for the winter to let less air on your hands and if you have a passenger it helps to cut the buffeting on them as well. They also have some leg wings that bolt onto the crash bars and some foot wings the snap on and off the bottom of the crash bars that also really help. The foot wings are great in the winter and rainy season as they help to keep your feet warmer and help to keep the rain off your boots. I use the leg wings year around as they not only help to keep the cold air off my legs, but they also help to keep the hot radiator air off my legs in the summer. Another thing I use year round is the tunnel foam inserts which help to keep the air, dirt, bugs etc. from coming up through the fork area. I do not remember who makes them but you can find them on the net for about $20 dollars or you can make them yourself, find some on the forum that can e-mail you a pattern and use 4" dense cell foam.
MHO, can't go wrong with the Baker wings.:lol:
Rick

·
Registered
305 Posts
Baker Air Wings

Worth Every Penny I have hand 2 piece and Trike wings they are the best thing since sliced bread in cold weather :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have a template for the tunnel fillers. If you e mail me I can send it to you. Please note as you can see the template is only for the one side, I don't have one for the other side.

:joke:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts