GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make a wind screen for the 2018 that has a vent in it like the pre 2018? That little pop up in the dash just doesn't cut it for me on a hot day.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Does anybody make a wind screen for the 2018 that has a vent in it like the pre 2018? That little pop up in the dash just doesn't cut it for me on a hot day.

I have not seen one...but not sure if a vent would work with the raising and lowering of the windshield

Reactions: remoandiris

·
Registered
368 Posts
The popup vent on the dash would provide easily as much air as the vent. Also a vent or hole in the windscreen will let water pass in the rain.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
The popup vent on the dash would provide easily as much air as the vent. Also a vent or hole in the windscreen will let water pass in the rain.

The pop up vent DOES NOT allow as much air as the old style. Not even close

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
This bike has a completely different aerodynamic design. Unlike the old design of pushing as much air out of the way as possible. The new bike try's to manage the air by having it flow under the windshield as well as over it. With the old bike a vent helped by equalizing some of the air flow and cutting down buffeting. The new bike does this by taking it air at the very front of the windshield and inducing a flow under the windshield. If you are putting on a larger then stock shield then additional holes can help as long as they are properly positioned properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts