1. carefully peal back rubber insert under mirrors.
2. use a white towel to cover the fairing so you won't lose the bolts that attach the top windshield garnish.
3. remove the top garnish by lifting up in the front where the 2 fairing pieces come together. The top garnish has male ends that fit into rubber grommets similiar to the side covers.
4. You now have the windshield bolts exposed. Remove them, remove stock shield, Make note where the bolts go, as some might be different in sizing.
5. install the after market shield.
6 reverse the above steps.