GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flint MI to Muncie IN and back today on Interstate 69. WOW! At one point on the way down road curved left and I was leaning right. That felt really weird. Several "atomic blasts" as I came out of the protection of trees. Amazing how much wind is blocked by guardrails. I've read threads here that talked about how the wing catches wind. This was a first and new experience.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Yep, the barn door does catch the wind. Be especially aware of traveling through the mountains and hills. I've been in the right lane going into a right hand turn, get halfway around the bend and catch a gust of wind coming down off the mountain - blew me over into the left lane and gave me a pucker factor of 10.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Usn

I read your post I was a AMS2 with E2C's on the USS NIMITZ The best aircraft carrier in the fleet and proud of it

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
A little blowy around GR today too... Ya, weird in a curve. :eek:4:
thecruiser

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Had a gust of wind blow me right off the pavement onto the gravel shoulder, talk about pucker factor. :shock:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Do some riding up on the high linen MT. 60-100 mph winds are common. Feels like you in a hard turn all the time fighting it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
We were out on Indiana 27 and Indiana 1 parallel to 69 yesterday afternoon (just north of Muncie) ... wind 20 mph gusting to 32 ... yup pretty windy. Interesting whenever we passed a woods and the wind would stop and then hit again. :lol:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I ride a 2002 with no "add-on" stuff or "farkles" ... usually keep the stock size F4 windshield all the way down. Usually get 44 MPG. Wonder what I'd get for mileage with the windshield all the way up at 50 MPH with a 50 MPH tailwind ??? Might have to keep emptying the over flowing gas tank ... :lol:

Sure saved a lot of that valuable center tread yesterday ... leaned left a lot headed north and leaned right a lot coming back home south. :joke:

·
Registered
999 Posts
that's just a normal riding day in Iowa, hate it when you catch a gust
So true, there are some nice days that I will not ride because of the wind, just wears me out. And, just like GOJU RIDER riding across South Dakota pretty much ruined our day but the next day in the Blackhills made it all worthwhile!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
High line of MT is the only place where I was traveling east at 80 mph. I had a plastic grocery bag pass me in a field next to me.

Glad I was not riding that day.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Flint MI to Muncie IN and back today on Interstate 69. WOW! At one point on the way down road curved left and I was leaning right. That felt really weird. Several "atomic blasts" as I came out of the protection of trees. Amazing how much wind is blocked by guardrails. I've read threads here that talked about how the wing catches wind. This was a first and new experience.
I ride I-69 every day, it does get interesting some days, especially when passing semis that were blocking the wind.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Road hwy 90 across South Dakota, 370 miles on my side'wall one summer.Not
much fun.

Barry
Yep, been there done that, twice... 2006 then again in 2009....... :shock:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts