GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's available that really works to help keep the wind off my lower legs on my gl1800 :?:

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Baker built makes a set of deflectors that attach to the crash bars. I have a set not being used, only on the bike a very short time. Give me half the price of a new set plus the shipping and they are yours. Check them out on their web site.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a set I've used the last two seasons. They work well, you'll like them.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Baker leg wings and Tulsa Hot Foot.

I use both year round and they really work. I was worried about wind on my legs before I bought the 1800. But after putting the wings on hot and cold air on the legs is almost eliminated.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Chaps

Karl, Chaps are very good at this.

Chaps in the chilly/cold weather and just your jeans or riding pants when its warm/hot.

Apparently, Charlie has a set of lower wind wings and likes them (based on his three posts). I had a set on my 1500, but decided that I didn't like the look. With the 1800, I have attempted to stay away from most all the "usual" cra....uh, stuff.

One exception is the little Baker Wings that attach to the side mirror bottoms. They are in expensive and really help with wind and rain management topside.

Enjoy it, whatever you use.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know why I'm getting multiple posts. Sorry for the double/triple talk.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Baker Legwings are the best. I use them year around..

·
Registered
21,093 Posts
Charlie
If you keep triple posting you still won't be able to catch up to the top poster BULLDOG, I think he's near 700 posts

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Brett, Karl has not expressed any interest in the deflectors. They are yours if you want them. By the way they are the dark smoke color. Send me an email with the particulars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Baker Wings were my choice and love them. Wife says the mirror wings help her and I like the leg and foot wings. Did have to cut foot wings to fit after installing highway pegs but all is well in the land of cotton.

Ken 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts