GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question with the nav system on these bikes. I am wondering if there will be any problem with transfering my Windbender with the electric option from my 05 to an 07 if I do pull the plug and get one. I have not heard if the nav package takes up any space needed for the electric motor.

It would not be a problem if I could get the ABS with out the nav package as I am happy with my IWAY.

As long as they brought the 05 silver back in 07 I am thinking out loud again.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Just speculation on my part, since I haven't seen an '07 up close and personal...

...but the photos that Hal posted a few weeks ago of the airbag '07 dash indicated major changes for the right-hand (lockable) pocket. It seemed to be gone. :shock: Who knows what's above the right radiator...

The nav equipped '06 does have a right-hand pocket, so you're probably okay with any version except the airbag bike.

But if you do get an airbag version and need to get rid of your electric option, I'll buy it! :D Tom doesn't seem to be making the electric option anymore...I've had mine on order since March with no word on when it might be delivered. :cry:

Arthur

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I asked because I have a freind who bought the 06 and could not have the permanet Gerbing cotrolers mounted on the right side as the nav unit took the space for it and now with the air bag option it would seem to reason that the room for the motor on the electric Windbender will be gone as well.

If I go this route you have first dibs on it . I will send you a PM

1 - 3 of 3 Posts