GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Email from Tom.

"Daniel,

The Windbender is $249.95 and the electric option is an additional $350.00. The good news is, you’re not going blind. We haven’t posted the pricing yet.

Tom"

Pretty expensive, but if it works as well as the Cee Baileys at reducing buffeting, I'll probably give him my money.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch!! Thats about $1,000 Cdn. It looks to be a very high quality product.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Dan, that is a lot of bucks. I am not sure that I could afford that much, especially for an item that has yet to prove itself.

Bulldog

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can't see the reason for an electric. I change my windbender seldom and when I do it takes less than a minute. I guess an electric would be nice but not for $600 and the idea of the metal retractor rod attaching to the shield gives me some concern. To me that is a metal spear sticking up if you happen to be thrown foreward.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Lotta Money

Yeppers, that is a lot of bucks. I ride solo most of the time, so the air buffeting in the passenger area is not a problem for me. I have not adjusted my windshield for months. I find that for me riding with it one notch up is just right -- I'm looking over it and it keeps the wind off of me pretty well. For those that need to make adjustments, this might be a pretty nice aftermarket accessory -- again, just a lot of bucks. Us old retired guys just don't seem to have as many of those green things as we used to have, so have to pick and choose a little on what we buy. For now, I'm saving my money for lots of riding this year.
--Laughlin in late April.
--Honda Hoot in June.
--Oregon and Washington in late July - early aug.
--Northern CA in late Sept and early Oct.
Plus a lot of riding here in Colorado with my buds!!! Can't wait until my doctor's release to ride in early March!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wind Bender Windshield

I'm very interested in this shield, do not have a need for the electric version, but would like to know if they are worth buying. Do they eliminate the buffeting on the co-rider as claimed?? (she is 5'2") Are they hard to install? Thanks for the feed back, you will help me make a decision. Bird

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Re: Wind Bender Windshield

Bird said:
I'm very interested in this shield, do not have a need for the electric version, but would like to know if they are worth buying. Do they eliminate the buffeting on the co-rider as claimed?? (she is 5'2") Are they hard to install? Thanks for the feed back, you will help me make a decision. Bird
Check this out:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/

Scroll about half way down and click on 'windbender'.

·
Registered
20,945 Posts
pretty sure Fred said to heck with windbender and switched to cee baily

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bird:
I have had the Windbender for over a year and 20k miles and it provides good wind protection for the rider but most of my riding is solo so can't say for the SO. Not at all difficult to put on and very easy to adjust height. My only complaint is, because it is two piece, cleaning it can take a little time. I like the fact that I can look over it and it retains the adjustability of the OEM.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts