GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try a Windbender Windshield. I need a little input from the real world.
My main objective is to get the noise and buffeting under control for my passenger and still be able to see over the shield.
I have a Tulsa Xtra tall, and love the performance of it. I have been caught in the rain and I don't like the xtra tall then . I put my stock shield back on. I like looking over it but the noise and buffeting are terrible.
I canceled my order for the new Tulsa and think that I will try the Wind Bender.
Will the ST or HP control the air for my passenger better?
I do not mind looking through the windshield during non adverse conditions.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
bigdon said:
I am going to try a Windbender Windshield. I need a little input from the real world.
My main objective is to get the noise and buffeting under control for my passenger and still be able to see over the shield.
I have a Tulsa Xtra tall, and love the performance of it. I have been caught in the rain and I don't like the xtra tall then . I put my stock shield back on. I like looking over it but the noise and buffeting are terrible.
I canceled my order for the new Tulsa and think that I will try the Wind Bender.
Will the ST or HP control the air for my passenger better?
I do not mind looking through the windshield during non adverse conditions.
Don,

I bought the HP. It did fine but I didn't like the distortion generated by the reflex at the top of the screen. I ended up taking my stock windshield and cutting off the top and mounting it on the bender. Fits me better so when I need a replacement, I believe I'll go with the ST top.

Of coarse, the opinions of others may vary.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
After talking to Tom at Firecreek I bought the ST.I later borrowed an HP and tried it for about 30 miles on the freeway and didn't like the buffeting I was getting.
The ST works for me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
...ST for me 8)

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I have both...
I run with the HP cause I love the wind and like the looks.. If you're looking for protection, the ST is the way to go..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts