GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonder what half cover do other windbender owners use? With the smaller windshield, the one I have just does not fit right. A lot of excess material is left for a normal size windshield, but the hp-s is a lot lower. Someone might have input for trick to male them work. Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The half cover I have has way too much windshield pocket for the WindBender. I don't know who made it. We have had it for many years. My wife has replaced the elastic on it twice. It only covers down to the bottom of the seat. It has a pocket that slips over the windshield and elastic strings that go around the mirrors, trunk and footpegs. It also has a pair of strings behind the windshield pocket that tie together to pull the main part up into a pup tent like position (on a stock windshield) and therefore shed rain. After putting the half cover on the bike I take one of the strings and pull it over the windshield and tuck it under the rail that the WindBender slides in. This pulls the slack out and suspends the main part to shed rain. (We live in the Pacific Northwet.) The extra slack in the windshield pocket is held down by that string pulled over the top of the windshield and doesn't flap in the breeze.

·
Registered
489 Posts
For years I used the same half cover that WhiteDragon describes (and I can't remember the name either!). I used it the same way and never had any problems.

After getting tired of putting on new elastic I picked up an UltraGuard cover http://www.cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/123/861 and it works great - and can be folded up almost as small as the old one...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This one?

It's a Tour King.. www.tourkingcovers.com
Easy on, easy off, and it works well with the windbender ST and HP that I have. Probably OK with the HP-S, but that really is a shorty windscreen

=Dave=
GWBBA #9
rocketmoto.com

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Tour King has a half cover just for windbender equipped bikes. You would/should call and check, I don't recall that he offers half covers for ST or HP Windbenders..... just call and ask....

·
Banned
350 Posts
I know we don't generally like Kury but I do prefer their half cover. just my opinion and I'd owned both Kury and Tourking.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have the windbender HP and the Ultragard half cover. Great fit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
E-Z Touring covers are awesome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts