GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my computer updated to windows 8.1, up till this time I had no issues. now, when someone posts a link it wont load. any suggestions? tia

·
Administrator
1,801 Posts
Have you tried clearing your cache and logging out and then back in.
Let me know if this works for you.

Have a great day :)

~ GP community support

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not working, and a new problem

no that didn't work either, and now a new problem..... I cannot use windows 8.1 on this site. it will not let me post. the only thing that I can do is to read messages. I had to use windows 7 to write this thread... I have been checking my computer and it works fine on all the other sights.. I am noticing that when the site auto saves is when the problems arise.. any thoughts? tia

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
8.1 not working right?!? Gasp hark. :shock:

BS aside, you may need to go in and make your browser compatible with the site. Should be under tool, then compatibility somewhere. Not sure what you are using, but after the IE updates from MS some things are a bit flaky.
It seems the interwebs aren't keeping up with the browsers these days, or the browsers have grown to not work on some sites. I have things at work that won't handle anything newer the Explorer 8 I think. It gets frustrating when I have to go back to it after using FF or Chrome based browsers.
I'm no guru, so the information may be worthless, however it don't hurt to check it out.

Good Luck

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Go to top of browser page, click on TOOLS, then COMPATIBILITY VIEW SETTINGS. Add this website.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have 8.1 and it works fine on this site.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not seeing the tools setting

Thanks for the help, but I am not finding the tools setting. I will try a different browser

1 - 8 of 8 Posts