GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got over 5 gig of music in Windows Explorer and want to know if it's possible to copy it to iTunes so I can download to an iPod. I'd like to keep it on WE in case I get an Iway 500 in the future. Is this possible for a computer dummy?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
you can import it into itunes..

First, check your preference.. it's on the "advanced tab", i think.. there's a box there that says something like "copy files into the itunes library when importing." If it's checked, you'll end up with two copies of the music after importing.. this may or may not be important to you. ;)

On the File menu, i believe, is a option to "add a folder" to the itunes library.. this will let you add your existing files to itunes, and from there you can create playlists for downloading into the ipod, or if your ipod has the capacity, just download the whole library to it.. (this makes my wife crazy, as for some reason she has trouble listening to puccini right after aerosmith...)

Itunes maintains it's own library structure, but unless you tell it to copy the files into it, it just points to your existing files without changing anything.. AFAIK. I keep all my mp3's in my itunes file structure, but WE has no trouble finding them, and media player can work with them wherever they end up. No doubt whatever software the iway provides for managing mp3's will do the same. The don't necessarily care what folder you keep them in, they typically maintain a database with pointers to the files, wherever they are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts