GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to think that I knew my way around a keyboard fairly well! But, I have a problem and I am sure that there is someone on this board that may have an answer for my delema. I can't get pictures to load properly. For example on this board I can see the pictures that members have posted of themselves or their bikes but can't see the temprature bars that everyone is adding. I know that they are there because I can see them at work but not at home.

Could someone contace me off the board or leave me a note and I will contact them about this problem?

OH! To keep this bike related I can't see the picture of my bike next to this message at home but can at work.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
218 Posts
Its a matter of settings..... for example, if I set the privacy settings on my Zone Alarm Pro to maximum re the Cookie Control and Ad Blocking, I too loose visibility over the tempature bar people use. In these settings, the Zone Alarm Pro not only blocks cookies of all types, but pop-ups and java scripts. To take advantage of animation etc, you must tell Windows XP, and/or your firewall, to allow such events.

To more precisely offer any advise, more information as to your system would be needed. For example, do you use a firewall? What are your internet explorer settings?

s.

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
Is it just this site you are having the problem? If so it would be the settings in your profile. I have mine set to "Allow BB code" and "Disallow HTML". I don't know what all that means, but everything works on this site for me! :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Windows XP

Tom

I can't help you but I have had real good luck getting answers my to computer problems by going to the GWRRA web site. They have a group called "Cyber Cycles" and it seems it is a group of computer knowledge Wingers that have always been more than willing to help with any and all of my questions.

Ron

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
My problem lies within my choice of settings on my Internet Security. I have chosen security over virus'. Hence I don't get the temp thing either, but that is OK with me.

Bulldog

I

·
0 Posts
Windows XP

Also found very helpful is this web site.
www. windowsxpatoz.com Tells just about all there is to know

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Computer issues, security versus virus.

What I use to solve the Virus problem is a Macintosh. :chat: and what I use to solve my long distance travel requirements is a Goldwing :rw1:

Now somewhere in there one might find some collusion between Bill Gates and Hardley Divisionism. :22yikes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts