GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

After i raise my windscreen a few step up, it won't go down again. Normally when I do this I raise it to the top and then it is released and could go all the way to the botom.
I dismounted the windscreen and the mechanism to see if there was something wrong with it, but everything looks fine.
Any suggestion on how to solve this problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
You must raise it all the way up before it will go back down.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have had this happen once and the fix for me was to really get ruff with the shield. I got a good grip on the shield on both sides at the top and jerked the P**S out of it to the top. I heard it click and reset and then I could again lower it. Since you have it apart I would spray a little WD-4Zero on it and reinstall and then do as I did.

·
Registered
61 Posts
windsheild

Raise it all the way to the top. If the mechanism won't release, grab the windshield at the top and pull or push forward. You may have to do it a couple times but that's the way I get mine to go down.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Poul,

Looking at your pictures you are correct, the the ratchet piece is missing. Order the new piece and follow the rest of my fix and you'll never have that problem again.
WHAOHOO!

Mine just "hung" on me for awhile and would not stay up. Ratched didn't even click. I was busy and searched specifically looking for the thread for the fix by jboug and could not find it this afternoon. Thanks fellas! I have it bookmarked for the next time the front end gets torn apart so I can fix it. I've saved the pics to and will dedicate a page to it when done for easy access with permission to use the pics.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I've saved the pics to and will dedicate a page to it when done for easy access with permission to use the pics.
Waldo,

You can do what ever you'd like with the pictures to further help detail the problem and fix.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts