GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere on the forum, a couple of years ago, I saw some had posted a "home" fix for the rachet mechanism. Photos were included.
I have searched and searched for the post.
Does anyone remember this and can you help me find it ?????

·
Registered
576 Posts
Slider Fix

Instead of doing that fix, just buy the upgraded slider for about $6. You have to take out the old one to fix it. The new one works great. I replaced mine a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Instead of doing that fix, just buy the upgraded slider for about $6. You have to take out the old one to fix it. The new one works great. I replaced mine a few years ago.
+2 I'm the one who did the modification and posted the pictures, with the new fix out that's the way I'd go to.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Is the upgraded mechanisms in the parts fiche on all wings or after a certain model year?
Same question:

What model years does this fix (upgraded part) apply to?

Please advise...

·
Vendor
17,406 Posts
Sorry ... looks like my post was removed with all part information on the superseeded part number. Go to the parts fishe > windscreen > and it is part number #29 cam adjuster B 64543-MCA-000.

I think the superseeded part number started on the 05 models. The cam on my 04 with a build date of 01/04 fell out too.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Is this "#29 cam adjuster B 64543-MCA-000" the only part needed to do the upgrade or would additional parts be needed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts