GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the Tulsa Extra Tall for two weeks now. I got one used at a GREAT price. I do not miss not being able to look over the top. There is NO buffeting! BUT, I was in a mild to middling cross wind the other day and it blew me all over the highway. The Tulsa really makes for a good sail.

So now I am looking for a good compromise. I am looking at the F4 but can't decide between the +2 or the +4. Afraid the +4 will also be so tall it also will be a sail and the +4 does not adjust.

Is there anyone out there that has the +2? Does it cut down on the high speed buffeting in traffic. You know, So Cal freeways where you have to go 70 or get run over and there are a ton of big trucks always around.

Thanks for the advice,

gary

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
YEA I wanna know also because some day I can splurge and break out the scheckels. Been reading like crazy and doesnt seem to be a happy medium.

·
Registered
343 Posts
How tall are you..I have a new F4+2 and if i put in in the 2ND position no buffetting at 5Ft 10Inches @3rd position up gets air over passenger.I had a Clearview 4 over but way to much wind blockage..Here in Texas too hot for that one for me.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tom for the reply. I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam.

If the F4+2 is up all of the way I could look through it if I wanted?

Thanks,

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks Tom for the reply. I am 5'9" with a 30" inseam.

If the F4+2 is up all of the way I could look through it if I wanted?

Thanks,
Yes, in fact on lowest setting I have to sit up straight to look over it in 2nd and up positions I am looking thru the windshield

·
Registered
628 Posts
How tall are you..I have a new F4+2 and if i put in in the 2ND position no buffetting at 5Ft 10Inches @3rd position up gets air over passenger.I had a Clearview 4 over but way to much wind blockage..Here in Texas too hot for that one for me.
:agree:I'm 5'10" & have the clearview +2 & it works for me. Not suggesting the clearview just confirming that the +2 really helps with the buffeting. No buffeting in clean air but some in heavy traffic at 80 to 85 indicated. :thumbup:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: F +2

I also have the pluss 2, ans was unsure what to get before I got it. I am also 5 foot ten inches with 32 inch inseem. I love it, and agree with the other reports of no buffeting, and able to look over at the lowest setting, and the highest, cuts a lot on my wife as well. It was a good decision for me.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have the plus 2 and it offers great protection. Raise it up a notch or 2 on the highway and the passenger benefits.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Gary,

I'm 5'8" with 30" inseam, I have the vented +4 & like it a lot. I have rode in a lot of rain & it runs right off no problem. Have ridden into winds up to about 50 mph & had quartering gusts of about that & don't think it affected the bike any more than it would have with the stock shield. If you are going with one I would recommend getting the one with the vent, it makes a difference even with the baker wings. My daughter says it makes a lot less wind on her compared to the stock shield, I notice the same thing. One thing I have noticed with the F4 is I haven't had it fog up yet, bought the bike last year July & the stock shield was always fogging up to the point I had to wipe it off to be able to see after working afternoon shift & getting out at 10 PM. They are a great shield, very clear, good protection from the wind & rain & can be cleaned with about anything without scratching :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
+2 is a good shield because of its adjustment. If I wanted a permanent tall non adjustable I would look into Custom Touring Windshields from Lakeland,Fl. They make a 6" over of hardened material that is every bit as good as a +4 and is a whole lot cheaper. They run about $185 I think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts