GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a lot of you folks like the F4 but I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Tulsa Adjustable. I'm thinking about it w/vent, tinted and +4 inches. I figure that +4 would put it fully lowered about the height of the stock windshield fully raised which is what I want since I'm 6'2" and can see over the stock fully raised.

Link http://www.allamericanprod.com/+2oem.html

I'm also looking at the Memphis Shades gradient if anyone has comments on that one.

Thanks,

Gary

PS. Great forum. I've been lurking for a couple of months and have really learned a lot.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've had the Tulsa Freedom Slide +4 for 2 years+ and 50K miles. I look thru it and use it all the way up. It works great, and my passenger likes it also. IT is wider than the stock too which helps with the buffeting on the passenger.
I'm thinking about going to the F4+4 for the next one, but the Tulsa is still not scratched up bad enough.

·
Registered
171 Posts
A few weeks ago, I had a rather long conversation with the Tulsa rep by phone concerning just your question about the adjustable. What I gathered from what he said is that the adjustable is very nearly like the stock. If you are looking to improve the passenger's buffeting then you should get the regular Tulsa....I did that. I haven't ridden it yet because of salt on the roads and cool weather. I've also installed the device from Kuryakyn that sits up like a spoiler behind the passenger's back rest....anxiously waiting to test these additions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Mostly ride solo so passenger comfort is not a big issue. My concern would be flex of the taller windshield (I see the F4 +4 is thicker such that you can't even use the stock vent) and it's durability.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I've had my F4+4 for about 10K miles and it still looks brand new. No scratches whatsoever.

If you have wind noise on the intercom, the F4 plus Baker Hand Wings make a big difference. If mic-mutes are added, wind noise is pretty well gone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Kind of interested in this myself, as I purchased the standard Tulsa and I felt like the windshield was taking over the entire ****pit area, if that makes any sense.
Had one on the 1500, worked great, but got tired of hitting my helmet getting on/off the bike.
To my understanding the adjustable is like stock with the extra length and width added, I'm planning on ordering one, and hoping I like it, since these are not returnable.
Hoping to get some more feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts