GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted message a few weeks ago about passenger complaints of buffeting and appreciated suggestions. Changed out stock windshield for Cee Bailey's "newly designed" standard windshield at stock height with NACA vent. Rider is 5'9", passenger is 5'4". With windshield all the way down and no passenger rider has slight sensation of being pushed forward by wind. This feels different than with stock 'shield but think that I'll get used to it. With shield all the way up and with passenger on bike the passenger reports about 50% less buffetting than with stock windshield. Rider notes much less wind noise on intercom that was coming from passenger's helmet with stock shield. Verdict - much improved after change from stock to Cee Bailey's shield. (tested to 70mph).

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
That's interesting. Let me add FYI that I put on Baker Handwings....(the ones under the rearview mirrors) last week and my passenger says that make a HUGE difference inthe buffeting from the air passing around the fairing. Strange how sucha small piece of plastic makes such a big improvement.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I just took the CeeBaileys windscreen off for the winter. We are about the same height as you two and Carol said the same thing - less buffeting, and a lot less when it is raised full up.

But that vent lets too much water in during the rain, and it hits me right in the face shield. So, for the winter, we put the stocker windscreen back on and with the vent shut it sends the water out of my face.

Will put the CeeBaileys back on when the monsoon season is over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts