GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a beautiful morning ride on my 2018 Wing. It was a dewey morning and alot of low hanging clouds in the valleys. My windshield fogged up periodically. I had to lower the shield in order to see over it. I was wondering if anyone happens to have good experience with anti-fog sprays or solutions for the windshield. Many of them are caustic to plastic.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
What you did is probably the best solution, but one product to look at is "CatCrap". It's used on ski goggles and works pretty well in that regard, though I've never used it on a windshield. Since I use a Madstad, it's not an issue.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've heard there are some anti-fog products available for use on scuba diving masks that work. Do a search on: scuba diving mask anti fog. There is a variety choices available for this purpose, but I've not had the need to test any myself on a windshield or even a face mask to recommend any particular one. Let us know if you find something that works.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I used to take a bar of soap and rub it on both sides of my face shield then wiped it off with a cloth. It worked great and when it rained I just repeated the process. Don't see why it wouldn't work on a windshield. I've never tired it as I look over the shield.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I use Plexus on my faceshield. Used to use it on the windshield but not needed now since I have had it and the rest of the bike ceramic coated. Water beads up and falls off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts