GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of aftermarket clip on units but they seem to be smaller in width. I'd like to extend my windshield about 3 inches up with a bolt or clip on. Anyone do this DIY?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
goldwing

I made one for my 98 ST1100. Used velco strips to hold it in place.
If you run the strips vertically you can move the extension up or down easily.
I still look over the top of the extension so the strips do not interfere with my vision.

Rayjoe

·
Registered
498 Posts
I know of aftermarket clip on units but they seem to be smaller in width. I'd like to extend my windshield about 3 inches up with a bolt or clip on. Anyone do this DIY?
Thanks
I made a couple. I used some camera mounts and modified them to work. I bought plastic off of ebay, cut it to size and put it in the oven on an aluminum foil hammock to shape it (about 200 degrees).

All the way down, I can see over it and get a little benefit because of the adjustable tilt. All the way up is great for freeway riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Is that Laminer Lip.."spelling" still available?
I checked one out years ago that a friend had on his Wing. It extended the windshield fine, But it found it a distraction on the road.

Corventure Dave

·
IronMan
17,638 Posts
Just get a madstad windshield !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i made a couple. I used some camera mounts and modified them to work. I bought plastic off of ebay, cut it to size and put it in the oven on an aluminum foil hammock to shape it (about 200 degrees).

All the way down, i can see over it and get a little benefit because of the adjustable tilt. All the way up is great for freeway riding.

very nice!!!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I heard about this on a different forum and bought one to see if I could adapt it to my Yamaha Majesty scooter. I needed just a little added height to keep the wind out of my face and quiet things down. It is small but did exactly what I needed. Ships from China in about 2 weeks.
It may be what you need?? Certainly is cheap enough.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adjustable...orcycle/223223831526?var=&hash=item33f92d5be6

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got one on my CTX1300... love it. For such a small windshield, it makes a big diffetence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I made a couple. I used some camera mounts and modified them to work. I bought plastic off of ebay, cut it to size and put it in the oven on an aluminum foil hammock to shape it (about 200 degrees).

All the way down, I can see over it and get a little benefit because of the adjustable tilt. All the way up is great for freeway riding.

Where did you get the camera mounts? Yours is the best idea I have seen so far. I have a sheet of macrolon to start the project now.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts