GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I want to thank all those that responded to my post regarding a vented vs non vented shield. I truly appreciate it. Given that it was almost unanimous that I should get a vent, I figure I would bite the bullet and buy a new one. I would cut the opening out if I had the tools etc, but for me I think it would just be easier to buy.

I did a windshield search and did not find much so I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to share their thoughts on which windshield and why. I am 5:9 and would like to be able to at times look over and then through it so a real shorty shield would not be for me....Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
489 Posts
Missed the thread about vent vs. non-vent.

If you get a Windbender you have no need for a vent - and the height is adjustable. Just sayin'...

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Once again I gotta say windbender also.

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
What ever you buy make sure it is adjustable. Some larger after market windshields are not.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
F4
1. Hardcoated polycarbonate-will last a very long time.
2. Size would be your choice
video shows how to pick the correct size:

http://www.f4customs.com/videos_pages.php?id=5

Can be ordered from our sponsor:
http://www.directlineparts.com/byBrand.asp?brd=F4+Customs&str=4

:agree:
Probably one of the major reasons I went with the F4 windshield over anything else was their resistance to scratching. The stock shield had a lot of little scratches that weren't too noticeable during the day but riding home at night, especially in the rain it was a pain. I like the ability to clean it with paper towels on the road or wipe it down after work if it gets rained on without scratching it. I added some of the scratches to the stock shield before I started carrying a microfiber towel by wiping the water off it with a rag from work ( a clean cut up towel ) so I could see to ride home. The F4 sheds water well stock and I added several coats of Rejex & have the option of using rain-x which would ruin other shields. The F4 is very clear & when clean looks like there isn't anything in front of you which is important considering I look thru it all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts