GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced my Windbender and went to the car wash last night. Bought one of the car wash's towels to get bunch of droplets off and then saw it. :( Total spider webs. :cry: Any way to fix or just have to break down and replace again. I did not use much pressure at all and I am afraid I have ruined it. :cry:

·
Registered
931 Posts
I think Jimmy is referring to light scratches, not cracks. If I am correct, this happened to me last month when I picked up my wife's wash cloth in the kitchen sink to clean off bugs. Some how there must have been a small rock in the cloth and I was left with multiple fine scratches.

If I wax the shield with carnuba wax, the scraches almost disappear. As the wax washes off, they reappear.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Fine scratches will come out, I always use a micro fibre cloths and Super Glaze from the Wax Shop - does wonders for dark paints, plastics,ect.

I also use Mr clean car wash - drys itself - less chance of scratches.

Patrick

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
THOSE DREADED SCRATCHES

Just get used to it, the windshields and paint on bikes will sometimes get very fine scratches. It's just that it's more noticeable at certain light angles or with darker colors. Even under the best of conditions with the best and cleanest microfiber towels or wash mitt's it sometimes happens. However you can conceal them or buff them out occassionally. There are many good products available for these purposes online.

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I have used KRT Scratch Out on mine and it works well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mongo said:
I think Jimmy is referring to light scratches, not cracks. If I am correct, this happened to me last month when I picked up my wife's wash cloth in the kitchen sink to clean off bugs. Some how there must have been a small rock in the cloth and I was left with multiple fine scratches.

If I wax the shield with carnuba wax, the scraches almost disappear. As the wax washes off, they reappear.
Mongo, you are correct. They look like spider webs. J

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mirror Glaze works, but it too wears out a bit with washing and has to be repeated or the scrathes reappear. KRT sounds like a better way to go.

Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts