GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting a new shield on, and there is some tape that is on the visor piece right behind the windshield. It is some kind of slick plastic tape that sticks on to the visor I'm certain to allow the shield to slide up and down easily. What's left of it is in poor shape and a bit wrinkled and rolled up. Any ideas as to what kind of tape (product) this is, or any suggestions on what I could do here ??

· Registered
2013 Red GW
5,937 Posts
I have heard of riders using the fuzzy side of Velcro. It can be bought in a roll with sticky backing and just stick it on where the old stuff was.

· Registered
216 Posts
Fuzzy part of Velcro. You need the industrial strenght type. F4 provides this when you buy a windshield from them. Make sure you get off all the old stuff first.

· Registered
2,379 Posts
Pull the old tape off and use GooGone to clean up and then alcohol to finish with. You can buy velcro in 1" strips and apply. There is a curve as you go around and you have to trim the velcro to fit. It can't be overlapped. It should look neat as depending on the shield you bought the velcro may still show.

· Registered
794 Posts
I'm putting a new shield on, and there is some tape that is on the visor piece right behind the windshield. It is some kind of slick plastic tape that sticks on to the visor I'm certain to allow the shield to slide up and down easily. What's left of it is in poor shape and a bit wrinkled and rolled up. Any ideas as to what kind of tape (product) this is, or any suggestions on what I could do here ??
It's teflon coated tape, available from an aircraft parts store...try your local airport...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.