GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 6 months of ownership we have decided we need to do something about the amount of buffeting my wife is getting in the passenger seat which means finding a windshield to replace the factory shield on our 2018 GW DCT Tour. I have looked at the F4 and the V-Stream. I have been in contact with Madstad and they say they are in the development stages for the GW. I have also looked at California Scientic. They make what they call the "Shorty" that I think looks very good, but I suspect it has more buffeting than the Honda shield. Does anybody have any experience with California Scientific win#shields in general and specifically with the "Shorty"?

The shield in the photos is the California Scientific "Shorty".

Attachments

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
What is the shield that is in the pictures?

Is that the non-tour Honda shield?

I know your post says it's stock, but the stock tour shield is taller and differently shaped (and clear, which doesn't matter)

EDIT to add:
In the down position, the top of the stock tour shield is about 8" above the top of the dash.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is the shield that is in the pictures?

Is that the non-tour Honda shield?

I know your post says it's stock, but the stock tour shield is taller and differently shaped (and clear, which doesn't matter)

EDIT to add:
In the down position, the top of the stock tour shield is about 8" above the top of the dash.
The shield in the photos is the California Scientific "Shorty".

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Face palm....

I guess I should have finished reading instead of jumping to the pics...which I then interpreted as pictures of your bike, and the shield you were looking to replace.
Farmguy - Don't be so hard on yourself. LOL! I edited my original post after your first response. I wanted to make it clear the photos were of the California Scientific "Shorty" shield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts