GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to rplace my windshield. I am looking for suggestions as to what unit to buy. I want a vent and may increase the size.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I just installed a V-Stream from Bulldog at Shinhopples.com I am very very happy with it and you can't beat the price :yes1: It was a very easy install and even my better half who rides with me 90% of the time says its a great help on her . Give Bulldog a jingle he's a board member here and He can help you out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
489 Posts
You're going to get a number of responses to your question - windshields are like seats and helmets - it mainly depends on you. I've been running with WindBender shields for almost 10 years. Had one on my 1500 and it was my first change on the 1800. Can't beat the WindBender shields in my opinion.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Windshields are like underwear. Personal choice, and we all try many brands and models till we find what we like.

Meesh and I have had 4 windshields on our current GL 1800, none of them were bad, but some were better than others.

We have boiled it down to the National Cycle V-Stream Special Edition with Vent as our final choice of "Best in Show".

Meesh is most comfortable on the back seat, with this choice. That being said, there is no other choice for us.

We are not allowed to advertise a price lower than 10% off MSRP per National Cycle MAP policy. However we can have unadvertised, in house specials either in the shop or over the phone , 1 on 1.

We do not install them in the shop as we are a 1 man shop and I am "busier that a 1 armed wall paper hanger"!

300 +15 <----Code ;)

Bulldog

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ultimately you need to make your own decision as to what you’re looking for in a windshield. For many years I ran a taller Tulsa type windshield which I was very happy with unless it was raining or the windshield was fogged over. It was hard to look over in those cases. I switched to the V-Stream when they became a sponsor of your Motorcycle Drill Team. I was very impressed with the windshield. It deflected the air round my co-rider and me much better than the stock and the taller windshields and we both get a lot less wind noise in our helmets. It’s a thicker stronger windshield than most the other windshields on the market. You should go to their website and check out the video tests they did throwing rocks at a stock windshield and the V-Stream. They even shot it with a shot gun and it didn’t break. It also has an anti fog coating on it as well as it comes with a bottle to re-treat it as needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts