GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be putting a different windshield,taller,on and was thinking about the F4 or Cee Bailey.
Any commets on either?

TIA

John :twisted:

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've been using the Cee Bailey winsdshield for a couple of years now, and I'm happy with it.
Well made, and it's adjustable like stock windshield.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
I had a Tulsa tinted tall for about 40,000 miles. Then I switched to a F4 Plus 4" vented. The F4 is everything and more that you have ever heard about it. I have cleaned it at the gas station a bunch of times, use glass cleaner at home and there is NOT one scratch in it. You don't have to be as careful as you do with a stock or Tulsa. With the vent closed it is dead still air behind the windshield. I am 6' tall and when I raise my hand above my head I don't feel the wind until I get about a foot above my head. With the Tulsa tall I would get a little wind just above my helmet. Make SURE you get the vented F4 if you order the plus 4" or you will cook in the summer. Also, the vent on the F4 pushes much more air through it then the Tulsa did. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Cee Bailey Californian 2 here. Great windshield. The wife especially likes it, as it cuts down on the buffetting back there. Never had any problems looking through the windshield as opposed to looking over the windshield.

Dave

·
Registered
751 Posts
windshield

I'm using the F4...........I'm 6'1" and there is no wind buffeting. I'm very happy with it and the shield is crystal clear to look through.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Bulldog, you need to get a bike before you start worrying about a windsheld. LOL's

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
windshield

BigBird05 Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the F4 +4 adjustable? Also, can I use the vent from my stock windshield?

from a post by beastie earlier there is info that you have about 1" of adjustment.
You have to use there vent as the stk one won't fit per there web sight.

www.f4customs.com

John

·
Registered
141 Posts
f4 windshield

I've got the F4 (ext tall) and I love it.....its GREAT......no scratches so far and its been on for about 10,000 miles.....

W

·
0 Posts
I still have my Stock windshield.

I read on this board that the Clearview brand is a good one too and it is fully adjustable same as stock with extra heights & widths available.

B

·
0 Posts
Re: windshield

dodgeboy said:
BigBird05 said:
Is the F4 +4 adjustable? Also, can I use the vent from my stock windshield?
from a post by beastie earlier there is info that you have about 1" of adjustment.
You have to use there vent as the stk one won't fit per there web sight.
The F4 shield is thicker than OEM, so the OEM vent doesn't fit properly. There is some talk about making the area around the vent thinner so it will fit, but that could present some real engineering problems for the manufacturer. So if you want the vent, buy one.

Also, as someone said, with the F4 +4, you have an almost "dead air" space behind the shield for the rider, so in hot weather a vent is nice. It is hard to believe how quiet it is, for the rider, with this shield.

As for adjustability of the +4, they advertise that it does not adjust. In using it, I found that you can move it up and down about an inch but why bother.

Look at any OEM design or +4 shield. The top portion of the shield is much wider than the narrow bottom portion that goes under the windshield garnish. The narrow portion is what slides up and down when adjusting. The wider portion goes much lower on the +4 and, of course, will not go down under the garnish.

As a result, on a standard or +2, when you raise the shield, a part of the narrow portion is exposed by the mirrors. On the +4, the shield is wide all the way down. This, I think, is what contributes to the still air effect. That and the fact that it is an inch or so wider than OEM.

The F4, IMO, is a fantastic windshield in all respects.

reason is that the +4

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
F4 windshield

Thanks for all the info.Look's like it will be a F4.One last question for those who intsalled it them selves.How hard is it to install?

John

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
deucalion said:
I've been using the Cee Bailey winsdshield for a couple of years now, and I'm happy with it.
Well made, and it's adjustable like stock windshield.
Ditto...been on for 3 years and absolutely no problems. I the wife loves the way it decreases buffeting. When the wife is happy...everyone is happy!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Re: F4 windshield

dodgeboy said:
Thanks for all the info.Look's like it will be a F4.One last question for those who intsalled it them selves.How hard is it to install?

John

Very Easy to install.......

1 - 20 of 22 Posts