GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have a windshield that has swirl marks from cleaning and a few minor scratches. What is the best product to get these out? Thanks for your help. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
If it is the stock windshield it is coated and I doubt if the scratches are going to be able to be polished out. I've never had any luck.

·
Registered
16,985 Posts
Danielson, best defense is'a no be there.

For coated shields, you might get some satisfaction by using a good past wax to fill the fine scratches and then buff that after its dry.

prs

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Hardcoated Lexan windshields, like the OEM shield, can't really be buffed successfully. I did it to mine, and it did take out the scratches. But it also lef the hardcoat a little cloudy.

The various polishes on the market do a fair job of filling in scratches to make them invisible. But they don't remove the scratches, and are only temporary. You have to keep applying it.

With only average care, the OEM shield lasts about 8 years or so. Less if you abuse it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had good luck with Mothers clay bar. Cleaned up my windshield really well. Give it a try and follow up with some good paste wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts