GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Guys! Looking for some advice, as usual. I have a 2015 model GL1800 with the stock windshield which, in my opinion, is useless. I am looking for input from you guys on windshield advice. I have an 02 GL1800 with the F4 that I am pleased with, especially when riding in the rain, but I want to go a different route with the 2015 windshield replacement. I'm looking at MadStad, F4, Long Range Rider and others. The windshield must have a tint and a vent and be compatible with riding in the rain, which I love. I would love to put an F4 with a tint and a vent on the 2015 model but damn, they're kinda pricey compared to the others. If you like or dislike yours, let me know one way or the other. If you have an F4 that's tinted and has a vent that will fit a 2015 Gold Wing or any other model windshield, feel free to message me so we can work a deal. The ride to Belize in June is cancelled so I guess I'd better plan on the being in Montrose in September. At the moment, I leaning toward MadStad but am still gathering information. Thanks in advance and don't forget, Ride Like You Got Some Sense!

·
Registered
787 Posts
You might check this out.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Madstad! No vent required, get them tinted or not, no buffeting on the back, and riding in the rain isn't bad (it won't fog up). At around $269, the price ain't bad either. Good luck, ride safe.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I have an Optic Armor +4 windshield. Allegedly, it's very similar to F4. Allegedly they were the same company at one point. When I was buying mine a couple of years ago they had almost the same specs and Optic Armor was less expensive.

So far I'm happy with my choice. Although I never had a F4 so I can't compare the two. But if you liked your F4 but it is rather expensive now, check out Optic Armor. I have a clear one, not sure about tinted options cause I prefer clear.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
F4 Customs
349 Posts
I have an Optic Armor +4 windshield. Allegedly, it's very similar to F4. Allegedly they were the same company at one point. When I was buying mine a couple of years ago they had almost the same specs and Optic Armor was less expensive.

So far I'm happy with my choice. Although I never had a F4 so I can't compare the two. But if you liked your F4 but it is rather expensive now, check out Optic Armor. I have a clear one, not sure about tinted options cause I prefer clear.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Just for the record. F4 Customs is not the same as any other windshield. The F4 Customs has a proprietary coating and process like no other.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys! I've decided to go with the MadStad. Ordered the 16" dark gray. Now I've got to reposition the GPS. One things for sure. I'll have plenty of time to figure it out!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Alright Guys! Looking for some advice, as usual. I have a 2015 model GL1800 with the stock windshield which, in my opinion, is useless. I am looking for input from you guys on windshield advice. I have an 02 GL1800 with the F4 that I am pleased with, especially when riding in the rain, but I want to go a different route with the 2015 windshield replacement. I'm looking at MadStad, F4, Long Range Rider and others. The windshield must have a tint and a vent and be compatible with riding in the rain, which I love. I would love to put an F4 with a tint and a vent on the 2015 model but damn, they're kinda pricey compared to the others. If you like or dislike yours, let me know one way or the other. If you have an F4 that's tinted and has a vent that will fit a 2015 Gold Wing or any other model windshield, feel free to message me so we can work a deal. The ride to Belize in June is cancelled so I guess I'd better plan on the being in Montrose in September. At the moment, I leaning toward MadStad but am still gathering information. Thanks in advance and don't forget, Ride Like You Got Some Sense!
I used to have the extra tall tulsa and loved it until it rain. I went to the madstad i believe a 12 or 14 inch, dark tinted. I have it all the way down and all the way tilted back. In the rain i have a modular helmet that helps with the rain and i can see OVER the windshield and don't have to worry about fogging up and trying to look through anymore. I would never go back and i never adjust it. Good luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You’ve already made your move, but MadStad is the way to go IMO. This is my second one, happy with them on both bikes. No buffeting, much better airflow (this is the reason I got rid of the stock windshield) and increases visibility because it can left lower and still produce little wind noise and zero buffeting.

Good choice, I think you’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts