GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my windshield from JCW for $49.95. Got a phone call today from them telling me it was a mistake and the actual price was $119.00. What a bummer.--Larry

·
Young Buck
2,566 Posts
Livy said:
I ordered my windshield from JCW for $49.95. Got a phone call today from them telling me it was a mistake and the actual price was $119.00. What a bummer.--Larry
And the web page that is showing it for $49.95 is still up and running on their server. Sounds like JCWhitney doesn't have a good grasp on what prices they are using in their own advertisements.

You'd think after a while, that someone would wonder why they are getting these orders for this one item... and all of them have the same wrong price... :roll:

I'm going to call them Monday, and tell them to either honor the price, or change the price immediately on their web page (and cancel my order).

Now I remember why I stopped ordering stuff from them several years ago.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I called a local number for them one time; thought I would save some time by calling ahead and have it ready for when I drove the 10 miles to get there. Yeah, right. She couldn't figure it out, so I just drove there and waited in line. DUH.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Yep

They called me this morning and indicted they would not sell it for that price, so I cancelled. Pretty stupid that they cannot go change a price. When the airlines make mistakes like this, they honor those tickets that were sold at the lower price. I only ordered because of the price -- will probably stick with my stock windshield this year and then put on a CeeBailey next year.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I stopped ordering from JCW a long time ago because of their outrageous shipping rates. 30 years ago, JCW was one of the few places which had a wide variety of automotive and cycle parts. Now, there are many more (and better) suppliers out there.

G

·
yup I got the "call" this am, they refuse to honor the price on their website, I offered my "expression" of appreciation and hung up. I sent an email to their customer service with a link to that page. I'm ordering a Cee Bailys and to h*** with JC Whitney, I will never order from them again and they are off my xmas card list. :x

·
Young Buck
2,566 Posts
Javern said:
yup I got the "call" this am, they refuse to honor the price on their website, I offered my "expression" of appreciation and hung up. I sent an email to their customer service with a link to that page. I'm ordering a Cee Bailys and to h*** with JC Whitney, I will never order from them again and they are off my xmas card list. :x
It's not your fault, Javern. You were just trying to pass along a good deal. It is a shame that JCWhitney has their heads so far up their a_ses.

I wonder though...If they aren't going to honor it, then why don't they pull that webpage. I'll be asking them that on Monday.

·
Registered
849 Posts
As far as I'm concerened, JC Whitney sells nothing but junk. To this day, whenever I get one of their catalogs in the mail, it never makes it past the garbage pail. I haven't ordered anything from them in like over 20 years, yet they still send me catalogs. They even found me at my new address a couple years ago. They are determined.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not sure about other states, but CA requires retailers to honor a posted price. I do believe that a call to your states BBB might be worth while.
I won't order anything from JCW either. Too much junk, and lousy customer service.
:evil:

G

·
JCW sells junk. Always have...Always will. It amazes me how they have managed to stay in business.

Buy your stuff from reputable houses like HDL, BBP, and others who sell quality products, backed by quality manufacturers, at fair prices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.