GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 wing had a screen in the windshield vent. It was great at keeping bugs out of my face. My '10 has no screen, and none of the trade in bikes at the dealer had a screen. I ask my buddy at the dealership about the screen and he had never seen one. I have looked at several in my area in the past week and none are screened. I looked at my vent and can't seen to figure how to install one. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
IN West Virginia the other day, I had a bug the size of small bird come through and smack me in the head before I could close the vent. Other bugs were banging on the windshield and making the bike shudder.

Now I know what the B-17 crews of Germany felt like when the flack started up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It somewhat easy. Take a piece of plastic screen used for a window and then unbolt the vent (it comes apart in two pieces). Fit the screen and then rebolt the vent together. Trim the excess.

The screen is not a purchase item. The person probably fitted one to the vent.

Amont of time is dependent on mechanical appitude, number of beers drank, how many friends come over to bother you and ask what you are doing, time of day, interuptions by SO for other projects, riding time because of good weather, or ...... Took me about 20 minutes.

Charlie Morse
Land Elephant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts