GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03, no vent, and am going to buy a V Stream w/s. Is it worth getting a vent or just buy a V Stream w/o the vent? If so HDL has a ADD ON vent for sale. Anyone use this vent? Is it as good or better than the OEM. Also what is the part number for the OEM vent. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I wouldn't do without the vent. It helps break up the back pressure that occurs behind the shield and helps in the summer by directing air to your body. I keep mine cracked open all year round.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
What John said! I call my vent, the air conditioner!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Down in South Texas in the summer I'm sure the extra air will come in handy. Thanks for the replies, now all I have to figure out is if the add on is a good vent or go with the OEM. Guess I can just order it and see how it is. I have their hitch and trailer wiring kit and they were of good quality.
Hope the V Stream is as good as it sounds. Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I replaced the OEM on my '03 with a vented Tulsa Freedom Slide. LOVE DA VENT!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
To cut the vent hole on my '02 wing, I used a roto zip saw. Go slow so the "plastic" doesn't melt back together behind the cut. Use some tape (masking, painters, whatever) so you don't scratch the windshield. Measure several times, cut once! LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts