GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is kind of an odd one but does anyone have any info on a removable windshield wiper that I can stick on my wifes SilverWing. When it rains we have to pull over and wipe the after market GIVI windscreen. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
even though its not good for the windshield i would use a rain x type product. its better than running into something because she cant see.

i know some one who used rainx for years on a bike shield and its just fine

loren

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I have stopped and applied my 210 cleaner just before a rain and it seemed to help keep the rain drops get off faster. Usually if it is raining that hard I just find a place and pull over. I have tried using a bubble shield along with perscription glasses and windshield it can get darn right aggravating........... :) I would remove my glasses if I felt comfortable without them.........

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I use RainX paste car wax on my windshield. I have not noticed any clouding or other problems with the windshield because of this. I do notice that the water beads up and blows off and my vision is far less restricted than without the stuff.

·
Registered
810 Posts
GL1800's Have Windshield Wipers

I wish I could find the website, but there was a Japanese website for GL1800's that showed them with a windshield wiper.

Now, having had the windshield changed and having had the front off the bike, I don't know how they managed it and how they are doing it without damaging the windshield, but if I find the website again, I'll post it here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I stopped in at HDL, Hendersonville NC to meet Chef last summer and picked up a bottle of insulator wax. This is the best treatment I have found for the windshield and faceshield. Its amazing how the rain runs off after using this wax. Give it a try.

Silver Taz

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I would never use Rain X on any plastic laminate windshield. That being said, the best is Tulsa's 210, and second best is the insolator wax in my humble opinion.

That Rain X can be the death to a plastic windshield.

Bulldog

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: GL1800's Have Windshield Wipers

mcallery said:
I wish I could find the website, but there was a Japanese website for GL1800's that showed them with a windshield wiper.

Now, having had the windshield changed and having had the front off the bike, I don't know how they managed it and how they are doing it without damaging the windshield, but if I find the website again, I'll post it here.
I did a little digging through some old stuff I had saved and came up with this site. It might be the one you were thinking of.

http://www.honda.co.jp/GOLDWING/

·
Registered
285 Posts
On the gl1800.org list I recently asked about the wiper on the Japanese Wing and someone ([email protected]) provided this input:

"The Japanese model is built in Marysville and shipped without the wiper arm installed. The latter is installed when the bike is assembled by the dealer."

You might want to contact him for more details.

- Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts