GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a new extra tall tulsa windshield for my bike and was wondering if anyone had tried the
W18415-T Hon GL 1800 Windshield (Tint) w/ VH X-Tall? I guess my question is if going with the tinted windshield will there be a problem seeing at night :?: Any help in this will be a big help to me. I do think that when I trike my bike out that it would be a big ++++ to my wife as far as the air with the taller one.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I am sure opinions will vary but for me a tinted shield is a NO-GO. At night, with a clear shield and some rain and I can hardly see to run the twisites. In the interstate it would probably be o.k. because I could keep the speed high enough to keep the shield clear. I had a clear Tulsa Extra Tall and really liked its aerodynamics.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have the Tulsa to tall with tint. Tint is a non issue at night for me.
Tint is not any more than you have in your car winshield right now. How is night driving in your cage?
Sure is a help on bright days though.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I use and extra tall Clearview, with tint, and it is great!! No problems at night.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have the Tulsa extra-tall, tinted, with vent that I just removed. It worked great for me with no problems caused by the tint.

I just wanted to try something different for awhile, so the Tulsa is in the box in the garage, for now.

Ride Safe and God Bless.

Mike

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Go with the Tulsa Extra Tall with a vent, you won't be disappointed. It is slanted and will repell the water, unlike the oem. Tinted is what i have and don't really know the difference between the non tinted, but like it during the day. I look through the windshield and the water runs right up over you. Just remember to clean it at specified by the carrier.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tinted

Thanks for the input on the tinted windshield I believe I will try the tint or at lease look at it, and if it gets here and I think it is to dark I'll just send it back and pay the shipping and get a clear one. :superman1:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I use a clear windshield... When I want tint, I put on sun glasses (polorized)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts