GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody have experience with Slipstreamer replacement windshields?
I will need a wider windshield in Maggie Valley this winter.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Kenney,
Mine came with the F4 20” and for me it is perfect. Quiet enough at interstate speed to hear the speakers and at its lowest setting I leave my visor up with no wind. Dawn says it is fine for her at high speed as well. 2” wider on each side.

I don’t think you can go wrong with a Slipstream or an F4...

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have 11k on my Slipstreamer. Very happy, however I misread the description. I thought it had a recurve. It does not, I will put an F4 on it this winter. Once you go recurve you never go back. Unless you misorder.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
The one thing to bare in mind is that the Slipstream is wider at the very base than OEM and F4.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I have the F4+4 and am very happy with it as well as their customer service. My shield started to de-laminate well out of warranty and they made me a great deal on a new one which I haven't had any issues with. With the vent you can get air to your face and neck area and with a set of the under the mirror hand wings you can bring in plenty of air to your hands, arms and chest. I get much less buffeting than with the stock shield and riding in the cold weather is no problem, it also keeps me dry in all but toad strangler rains. One thing I would recommend is a piece of 3/8" fuel line slit lengthwise and placed at the top to keep rain from coming over and down the back side. The only downside to a taller shield is in foggy or misty drizzly weather you can't see over them

Reactions: F4Customs

·
Registered
180 Posts
I put the F4 20 inch with the recurve on. Really like the windshield. It is 2 inch's wider than stock and really performs well in the rain. Only thing is that I got the tinted shield, would do clear if I was going to get another one. I usually keep it down and look over the top but during heavy rain or when the wife is with me I run the shield up 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up. The better half has stated that the wider shield is a lot more comfortable for her.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I put the F4 20 inch with the recurve on. Really like the windshield. It is 2 inch's wider than stock and really performs well in the rain. Only thing is that I got the tinted shield, would do clear if I was going to get another one. I usually keep it down and look over the top but during heavy rain or when the wife is with me I run the shield up 1/2 to 3/4 of the way up. The better half has stated that the wider shield is a lot more comfortable for her.
Just wondering.....
Why don't you care for the tinted F4?

I got the same, F4 20" tinted but have yet to install it.......I got the tinted for 2 reasons.

I think a tinted windshield looks better appearance-wise on a bike and also I like tinted when it rains to cut the glare.
Hope I like it.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just wondering.....
Why don't you care for the tinted F4?

I got the same, F4 20" tinted but have yet to install it.......I got the tinted for 2 reasons.

I think a tinted windshield looks better appearance-wise on a bike and also I like tinted when it rains to cut the glare.
Hope I like it.....
I do quite a bit of night riding and the tinted is a little harder to see through. It looks really good on the bike just seems to cut down on visibility slightly. Not bad enough to change it but on the next replacement I will go with a clear shield.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I have 11k on my Slipstreamer. Very happy, however I misread the description. I thought it had a recurve. It does not, I will put an F4 on it this winter. Once you go recurve you never go back. Unless you misorder.
why is that?

·
Registered
413 Posts
why is that?
With a recurve I can keep the windshield 2 to 3 inches lower and still get the wind over the top of my helmet. I prefer it as low as possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts